·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Are you going to bid on it?

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've thought long and hard about it and I think I'm fine with my Remmy 700. I thought it was really nice and decided to bring it to the communities attention. Oh yeah, and I may need to buy a new stove.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Man, I wish I had the $350 for that right now. I want to see if the bayonet I have would fit.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Sporterized means the stock was cut to expose the barrel and provisions were made so a scope can be installed. While these make awesome deer guns and most gunsmiths who did these conversions were masters of their craft, the collector value has been eliminated from the gun.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sporterized means the stock was cut to expose the barrel and provisions were made so a scope can be installed. While these make awesome deer guns and most gunsmiths who did these conversions were masters of their craft, the collector value has been eliminated from the gun.
Wasn't concerned about "collector" value buddy.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
I buy guns for shootin', not collectin'!

Very nice, and at a good price. I doubt it has been worn out, those were built pretty stout.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I too am not a collector, but some people do. I like the Springfield action, while the early ones weren't as strong as the ones they cranked out for the second word war, a custom Springfield like the Enfield action is a thing of beauty to work. And the one you see on gunbroker looks like there was a lot of work done on it. Something that would cost at least a thousand in today's market.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Those sporterized Springfields are still a regular sight in the PA deer woods and for good reason as they were built strong and shot straight. There must have been a million of those rifles on the surplus racks back in the day.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sold for $625. Mine is not a sporerized 03 Buy real military that is History.
My dad's saw service in WW2, serial 123xxx, and is sporterized. Awesome rifle. I don't care some see to.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts