Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick up my M85 on the 15th, but I need a holster.

I normally use a Don Hume JIT slide holster, but when I went to order it the CS rep said that they were back ordered for 4 months.... bummer, that is what I almost always use:(

Does anyone else know of a good comparable style holster? I don't want a thumb break, and can't really get comfortable with IWB.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Why not check other retailers beside Don Hume directly? I currently use a Tagua gunleather slide for a pt145. Its not a perfect fit, but it holds just fine. They do make one for the 85, so you might check them out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've been looking around pretty solid for 2 days. I can't find anyone that has any in stock. I looked at Tagua and they list the slide holster for the j-frame, but not the 85. I know they are very close, but I'd prefer to get one specifically for the 85.
(DH lists 2 different fit sizes for the 85 or j-frame)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
There's usually several JIT's on Ebay. Did you search for one under J frames?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup, didn't come up with any......

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I just looked at Ebay and found at least 4 or 5, both right and left handed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
wonder why I didn't see them????? They are JIT's right? I found alot of IWB & other ones.....
Now I see them dangit!.... I'll order one next month if I don't like the black widow.
Next time I'll just search taurus jit.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
SON OF A ...... I've heard all the good stuff about the bianchi black widow, how it's high quality and everything.... I"m sure it is..... BUT!

Noone mentioned that the trigger will be completely exposed! That dosen't make me very comfortable, even thought the hammer is held by the strap. I guess I'll be ordering the JIT and trying to sell the Widow next month... Lesson learned! don't mess with a system that works.

Do you guys think it's safe to carry if the hammer is held down with the thumb snap??

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
SON OF A ...... I've heard all the good stuff about the bianchi black widow, how it's high quality and everything.... I"m sure it is..... BUT!

No one mentioned that the trigger will be completely exposed! That dosen't make me very comfortable, even thought the hammer is held by the strap. I guess I'll be ordering the JIT and trying to sell the Widow next month... Lesson learned! don't mess with a system that works.

Do you guys think it's safe to carry if the hammer is held down with the thumb snap??
I have the same concerns as you. I NEVER use a holster that doesn't fully enclose the trigger assembly; EVER.

·
Registered
532 Posts
When I had called to order my JIT, the girl had said that the tan was in stock, but the black was backordered. You might call again to see if it was the color you had ordered was backordered,but the other one was in stock. BTW, I have had this one at least four years.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The lady on the phone said that they were completely out of stock of all JIT's for the 85, I didn't ask about the J-frame though.

I wonder what's the difference between the 2 holsters (size 3 vs 3T-2). I know the S&W one should work, but the Taurus one I expect would fit better out of the box.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure I would have loved it if it covered the frickin trigger..... seriously, what were they thinkin?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
On Ebay, I just searched Don Hume JIT and sorted them out. J frame and M85's fit just fine in the same holster.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
On Ebay, I just searched Don Hume JIT and sorted them out. J frame and M85's fit just fine in the same holster.
That is a fact. My Taurus® Mdls 605SS2 and 85SS2UL fit perfect in my J frame J.I.T. Slide.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a JIT coming soon from a new friend on this forum.:)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Cool!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, the Bianchi came today.:( ..... I'm so bummed. This is a VERY nice holster.... If the trigger was covered I'd be a happy camper.... Maybe I'll look into similar options later on...

·
Registered
55 Posts
A revolver in a properly fitted holster with an open trigger is perfectly fine. Whenever I used a wheelgun either on-duty or off since 1977, I've carried open-triggered holsters. The covered trigger thing got started because some people couldn't keep their fingers off the trigger of their 1911-style pistols and would shoot themselves in the foot, so pistol instructors everywhere started preaching the gospel of covered-trigger. As Bill Jordan would've said, the well-trained handgunner has little to fear from an armed assailant and nothing to fear from his own equipment.
Your Bianchi is an excellent holster, and should give you many years of service.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts