Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good OWB holster for my PT-111 Millennium Pro. I can't get adjusted to IWB, it's just too uncomfortable. I generally wear long un-tucked shirts, so I think a high rise OWB will conceal just as well.

Most threads I've read here talk about IWB holsters.........

A few people recommended the Don Hume 721 OT in another message thread, but the Don Hume web site doesn't mention having a model for any of the MP's.

I'm thinking about a High Noon "Topless" as a good long term solution, but with a 20 week wait time, I need something to use in the meantime that isn't really expensive.

I did notice that High Noon has something called the "Bare Skin" which is an in-stock item without a wait - but it's made from some undisclosed leather-like material....

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
For the short term, or if you like them Long term. Look at the uncle Mikes line of holsters. Lots of people like them. The range is from really cheap to medium grade from what I can tell.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They show the 721 which is pretty much the 721 OT without an open top. For mine they show the 721 only as well, but many people use the OT from what I can tell.

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I agree on the Fobus Paddle for any of the M Pro's. I have one, and it rides very well. I did not mention it before, as it seemed he was considering the wait for the High Noon one, and wanted a Temp holster.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I believe Don Hume does make the 721 holster for the Pro series pistols. I have their magazine and it does show it. If in doubt give them a call (800) 331-2686. I have called them a few times to order, they're a great bunch of people.

·
Registered
40 Posts
People told me to steer clear of the Fobus, but it was the only one I could find around $20 (I am off work right now from back surgery) and I actually like it. I think it is very comfortable, conceals well especially this time of year, and with a little felt glued in it stopped marking up the slide on my 111 Pro.

Edit: Here's two quick pictures:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don Hume DOES make the 721 OT for the Millennium Pro - I called them, and they said it was an error on their web site. It has been fixed and now the site shows that holster for the MP series pistols.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Coop650 said:
People told me to steer clear of the Fobus, but it was the only one I could find around $20 (I am off work right now from back surgery) and I actually like it. I think it is very comfortable, conceals well especially this time of year, and with a little felt glued in it stopped marking up the slide on my 111 Pro.

Edit: Here's two quick pictures:

Now I just have find the felt and glue to do that to my Fobus. I wondered where you put it. Looks like what I want to do to protect my PT111. Did you use a particular glue, I know that holster material must need contact or some form of crazy glue to hold it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used Duco contact cement, about $1 at any department store. I used 2 sided tape first and it great everywhere except the edges. The felt came from the craft section at Wal-mart.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I either carry mine in my right front pocket, in a DeSantis Pocket holster or IWB in a Tucker Heritage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a Fobus & a DH715. I like the ease of the Fobus paddle, but after seeing the video of how easy it is for a BG to take your gun away I don't plan to use it any more. I will have thumb breaks on any OWB holter I buy from now on.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I have both types, the Fobus paddle and a thumb break (non retension) holster. In a struggle I might lose both, but my fobus is an awful lot harder to get it out of the holster, than it would be to knock loose the thumb break and pull out of that one. Just my opinion!!

If I was gonna change, I would go to the what is it? Level 3 retension rig.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll see if I can find the video, the staged BG comes up behind & with a downward rotation breaks the Fobus holster off the paddle mount unbelievably easy with the guy wearing it aware that he was going to do it & trying his best to to hold onto the gun. I love the convienence of the Fobus & use it for range etc. but I'll use something else when around the public.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Ok, I understand the way they worked the video. Yeah, you could break it off, if you knew it was there, but that might even work with some of the Level 3's. I guess it would depend on the material that the holster was made of. I am not sure, but I sure do not plan to advertise that there is a gun there, to set up for the attack from the rear or front.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts