Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying to rob a Dollar General at gunpoint, Roosevelt Rappley, 23, lost his life when a clerk pulled out his legal carry gun and shot Rappley in the chest. Rappley's siblings are outraged that the clerk took matters in his own hands and didn't just call 911.

Rappley's Sister said, "Yes, he's robbing them-- oh well!" She further pointed out that "Right and wrong is wrong, that was wrong for that clerk to shoot my brother in the chest. Call the police! That's what your supposed to do. You're not supposed to take matters into you own hands! If that's the case, I'm going to take matters into my own hands!"

This is the kind of twisted mentality that led Roosevelt to believe he had the right to rob a store at gunpoint!

·
Registered
24,498 Posts
Oh well (sigh)

Reactions: ShtnBlanks.22

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Around 1:10 she says "You're not supposed to take matters into your own hands. If that's the case I'm going to take matters into my own hands." They then cut off the interview without asking her what she means by that. If she's referring to defending herself from a violent crime that's fine, but somehow I doubt that's what she meant. :(

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
I'm surprised this clerk hasn't already been fired. Many businesses prohibit carrying of weapons on the property and it extends a tremendous liability to the store. They gonna get sued!

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
All professions carry a level of occupational inherent risk. Being an armed robber carries the risk of a armed victim who is not afraid to defend his ground.

Wonder if the family will now turn into gun control activist.

·
21,940 Posts
We demand helpless victims! We demand compliant sheep! We should start a union!

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I understand siblings unhappy at the death of their brother, no matter how it happened. But is there such a news vacuum in Dayton that it merits on-air coverage? Also pegasus pointed out that the sister's retort was cut short, by the news station. I wonder what else she said that the TV station didn't report.

A while back I read a news story about an armed robber shot to death. His sister, in an interview with a newspaper, said "...how else is he going to get his money?"

It makes me think that there are people out there who were raised to believe that thievery is an acceptable way of life.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
We demand helpless victims! We demand compliant sheep! We should start a union!
in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
And how long was the brother's rap sheet? Did it take a change of printer cartridges to print it out?
And call the police when being robbed at gunpoint when you are armed? Bull manure, it's kill or be killed in my world, and I prefer the former.
Sounds like justice was finally served, with a side order of reality.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
12,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From what I've read, this was the fourth time this year that this Dollar General was robbed. If I were a judge and this family tried to sue the store I'd order them locked up along with their lawyer.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts