Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out with the old and in with the new.

The old one has 268000 miles and is pretty wore out. It's been a good one though. I've had it about 8yrs and in that time I've replaced the waterpump, fuel pump, the starter and a couple of batteries. It still runs great, gets 17mpg in town and uses very little oil.

I can only hope the new one last as long and as trouble free.

Old.. 1999 Chevy ext cab
0315151600.jpg

New.. 2014 Ram quad cab
201503119517043795HDR.jpg

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Congratulations on the new pickup!

Reactions: Paul81

·
Registered
24,606 Posts
268,000 is just gettin broke in for a Chevy

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
So.... I sure would like to buy that Chevy, but I am in TN. Probably would not be worth it to make the trip for either of us. Just for grins though, What's under that hood? Is that the 4.6, or the 5.3?

I have he 5.3 with almost 400K. :)

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
Dodge makes some good looking trucks.

Congrats on your new one.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really had my heart set on a F150 super crew but my willingness to stay practical won out.

This truck is used but only a year old. It was driven by the district manager where I work. It has some miles on it but I'm pretty close with the guy that drove it. I can assure it's as clean as the day it came off the lot. The guy is OCD about cleanliness and has never had anything but a few cardboard boxes hauled in it.

And the best part is the price. Got it for a steal at about 8 grand below book.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Wow - that's GREAT mileage on that truck - and congratulations on the new one!!

Reactions: SixFalls and Paul81

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
That's what I am.....cough , cough -twins on the way...WAS planning to buy. I see the young military guys posting them for sale on the online sites all the time.

They buy them new, then meet a woman, get married and want to get rid of the 18 - 22 mpg gas guzzling truck in favor of something that gets 36 mpg.
And it makes sense as they are young, not bringing home a general's paycheck and have a new family to raise.

But since my 20 year old 1995 Ford F-150 gets about 10 mpg, 18 mpg would be spectacular. 22 mpg would be just almost enough to make me pass out.

Reactions: Wolf1477 and Paul81

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So.... I sure would like to buy that Chevy, but I am in TN. Probably would not be worth it to make the trip for either of us. Just for grins though, What's under that hood? Is that the 4.6, or the 5.3?

I have he 5.3 with almost 400K. :)
5.7. It's still really a good truck. Honestly I wouldn't be afraid to drive it across country if I needed to. But it needs some tlc. Could use some shocks, I'm sure the ball joints/bushings are wore out.. Body wise it's in pretty good shape couple dents on driver side bed and clear coat is gone off the hood and tops of fenders.

It would make a great work truck.. I'm going to post on Craigslist for around $2800-3000 and see what interest it sparks.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Sweet.jpeg Congratulations !!!

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,941 Posts
Nice :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
26,964 Posts
Congratulations and I wish you lots of luck with it!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Sharp looking truck, by the way!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts