Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We said goodbye to our 12yr old pound puppy Duke today, he has been a real treasure to our family expecially my oldest granddaughter who he slept with each night. He was diagnosed with cancer in his left hip back in June and it progressed much quicker than expected. The lifespan of a dog may be relatively quick compared to ours but the friendship they give last a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
I saw the title of the thread and thought, "Oh, man... I can't read that..." (Having gone through the "last day" several times ourselves.)

Then I realized that all of us pet owners are a family with family members that we need to bid farewell to- and it is always a bitterer sweet day when we do.

If our buddy was in pain, they are no longer. If it is simply their time, it will be ours soon enough.

We take comfort in the memory of the glad times we shared.

And go shopping for a puppy....

·
8,535 Posts
So incredibly sad. I recently had to put down my 16 yr old Dinozo for mouth cancer. So hard. But my little guy was completely blind, deaf and in pain all the time. 3 months later I still expect him to be waiting for me to come out of the bedroom every morning to walk me to the kitchen for coffee.

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts

·
Administrator
35,288 Posts
I sure hate that. Back in 2014 we lost our dog, some kind of cancerous growth that couldn't be removed and she was dying. Cried my eyes out with my son and I just couldn't even think about a new dog for a long time. We got one last year and she's great, but there will never be another Belle.

God bless, and don't rush back into another dog until you're ready.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Sorry to hear it -- God bless.

Our black lab is ailing and not sure of his age since we got him from the county shelter. We believe he's at least 10 and maybe a bit older.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I never found the right dog.

But it seems that the right dog found me, at least seven or eight times in the last eighty years.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
Sorry hearing about your pups passing.

Rest in peace Duke.

Reactions: papajim

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
There is no pain as deep as when we lose a furry friend. As we all read this we are all re-thinking the last time we went through this so you are getting empathy deep from our hearts. I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I didn’t want to read this, but I had to.

Have a great time up there, Duke!

I asked my dear family members (Duchess, Mittens, Trixie, Grey, Willy, Ginger, & Lucky) to ask around for him and show him the ropes.

Bless him.

·
22,300 Posts
I have a dog nosing me for attention as I'm reading this. They enrich our lives like little else on this world. Sometimes sparing them pain is the right way to thank them for that.

We are with you in spirit.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
We said goodbye to our 12yr old pound puppy Duke today, he has been a real treasure to our family expecially my oldest granddaughter who he slept with each night. He was diagnosed with cancer in his left hip back in June and it progressed much quicker than expected. The lifespan of a dog may be relatively quick compared to ours but the friendship they give last a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk
Oh man, so sorry. It hurts...bad.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
It's tough to make that decision, but it's an ultimately selfish thing to try to hang on when your furry buddy is hurting like that. You did the right thing for your pup.

Sorry for your loss, many of us have that spot in the backyard we cut a look to when things get quiet.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
RIP Duke and sorry for your loss ! There is nothing in this world more loyal and loving than a good dog !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts