Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I DOUBT THAT MANY OF US HAVE HAD THE WORDS TO OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM EXPLAINED SO CLEARLY BEFORE!

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
"I was there when the rockets glared red and bombs were bursting in air. Scotty and I, you may know him as better as Francis Scott Key, were playing hearts at the time....."

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
A very moving piece, except that the Star Spangled Banner was written during the War of 1812, not the Revolution.....

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Great post! Thanks!

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Thanks for the share !

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Lot wrong with video. As mentioned The National Anthem was written during the War of 1812. Francis Scott Key was kept aboard ship after the prisoner exchange meeting because the British felt he knew to much about their naval disposition, not because they thought the war was near the end. FSK was looking at Fort McHenry not Fort Henry, anyone familiar with the Civil War appreciates the important difference, also important to note that Fort McHenry was one of the primary defenses for Baltimore. The fort was not a refuge for women and children, instead it was manned by 1000 or so soldiers, the British had roughly 19 ships not hundreds. Lowering the flag was not part of a British unlimited, lowering the had long since been a symbol for surrender. People never held the Flag up, the idea of it being held in place by "Patriots Bodies" while neat is not fact. Sorry I can't join in the chorus of people claiming that his is a great video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts