Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all have the GOD given "right" to freedom and to safety but, it is up to us to make sure we exercise these rights at all times.

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
I believe all states should allow unlicensed concealed carry, required licensing infringes on my 2nd amendment rights.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
And I thought it was the government that gave us the right to freedom and safety...........;););););););):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Use it or lose it.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I believe all states should allow unlicensed concealed carry, required licensing infringes on my 2nd amendment rights.
Amen!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'd like to see things get to the point that Constitutional Carry would be the recognized law of the land.
\\Sarcasm Drive engaged\\

Harry, it's simple. Just get the government in DC to actually obey the Constitution. Might I suggest you call ol' Mr. Fast and Furious AG Holder? Or perhaps starting with Mrs. Napalitano would work. I hear she's really sweet...

\\Sarcasm Drive disengaged\\

Seriously, these folks in DC swear an oath to "...support this Constitution;" but rare is the individual who actually does. When are folks going to get it? These career government "employees" have no intention of being honorable in their service, instead they clearly intend the supression and subjugation of the American people.

And do we really have a Right to Freedom? I would say yes, with the stipulation that one must be willing to fight to protect it. Otherwise, your Freedom only functions when there is no one willing to take it. And that is clearly not these times. There is any number of wanna-be tyrants, just waiting for a chance to reach into your life, your family, your home, your work, your food, your medicine, your voting, your reading, your car, your religion and especially your money to control you. And they are emboldened when we fail to resist.

It's interesting how we heap praise on the military as the "Defenders of our Freedom" when I have trouble seeing them actually doing so since WWII. Now, I am ot questioning their intentions, just the effects of their service. These "wars" we have been involved in since then are clearly something other than the defense of Freedom. As a veteran (though not a very good soldier...) I wish I could say that these men and women are fighting, killing, being maimed in body and soul, and even dying for the Freedom of my children. Unfortunately the end result is that they aren't defending our Freedoms, instead they are bringing war to foreign shores. And for who's benefit? Not mine.

In the end, the People are the final defenders of their Freedom. That is the role we as armed and aware Americans must embrace. God places it in our care but we must protect it. Because if not us, then who?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm in 100% agreement with that statement. Criminals will carry whether or not it's illegal but there'd be a lot more law abiding citizens out there with firearms which would make the bad guy think twice before doing anything.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
And I thought it was the government that gave us the right to freedom and safety...........;););););););):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
They did.....and later in the following administration they found a way to tax us for it. Only to later be followed up by with drawing this right in a tax cutting measure.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I don't think the states should have jack to say about carrying regardless is a US Constitutional right not one for states to by pass. The states more often than not will be the ones trampling on our rights, way more than the Feds will.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahahahahahaha thats what "they" want us to believe

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
hahahahahahaha thats what "they" want us to believe
You can simply check it out. Look at federal gun control laws then look on a state by case basics. Even the cities are no writing their own gun control laws. But believe it or not makes no difference to me as I own guns even in places where they weren't legal.

·
Registered
27,529 Posts
Freedom, yes, that is a right.
However nobody has a right to safety. While it is true that nobody else has a right to interfere with your rights - that is covered under the right to freedom.
Nobody can promise you safety, nor can you guarantee your own. Lightning, bee stings, sharks, eathquakes, and even asteroid impacts are all real. This distinction is not meaningless. It is the very false promise of a guarantee of safety that the government uses to steal your freedom.

Never forget that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts