Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy ya'll. I've been looking for a holster that will fit my gun. I had a hard time finding a duty holster and ended up with a Safariland holster that I had to mold to fit(hey, it works just fine). I prefer OTW, but would consider ITW. I don't want a $150 custom fitter either. I just want something I can draw quickly from and will stay secure if I have to run or get in a fight. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried one of those before, but it was made for a S.A. Operator and my gun wouldn't fit it (the taurus is slide/rail area is too tall) unless this one is made specifically for the taurus

·
Registered
9 Posts
do a search for pt1911ar holster in this forum. There are several there. also check Ebay with the same search.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
JWood...i tried the CBST delux and did not like it at all...ended up as an Ebay auction...got me one of these and now it is the only one i use for both my XDM9mm and PT111...i however do not see your gun listed...but it would be worth a shot to call them and see if they can get it for you...hope this helps.

http://www.ccwsupply.biz/RossM5WNPAGE.htm

Bo

Attachments

·
Administrator
39,905 Posts
The OP may have found one, since he hasn't been back since July 4th, 2008. ;D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Smokewagon said:
The OP may have found one, since he hasn't been back since July 4th, 2008. ;D
MAAANNNN.....i missed the date on that! :) :) :)...but maybe we helped someone else with the same issue!

Thanks!...Bo

·
Registered
2 Posts
so instead of beating a dead horse and making a new post ill just piggy back on an older one. has anyone found a company that can make a OWB Kydex holster for the PT1911 AR? I've been looking for some time now and came up with nothing and/or no company willing to work with me. I do have some specification. needs to fit a TLR-1 and be able to mount to the serpa platforms. if anyone has any insight on this it would be gratefully appreciated. thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
35,412 Posts
so instead of beating a dead horse and making a new post ill just piggy back on an older one. has anyone found a company that can make a OWB Kydex holster for the PT1911 AR? I've been looking for some time now and came up with nothing and/or no company willing to work with me. I do have some specification. needs to fit a TLR-1 and be able to mount to the serpa platforms. if anyone has any insight on this it would be gratefully appreciated. thank you in advance.
If you need your laser/light in the holster, you'll probably have to call a company that makes Kydex holsters and see if they can make you one like that. I don't recall seeing it as a regular item anywhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
check out : Carolina Customs

He's always down to make something one-off and regularly makes holsters to accommodate weapons lights, etc.

(I am in no way connected to Carolina Customs, just happen to know a few happy customers)

·
Administrator
35,412 Posts
Something I just thought about, there are holster makers at gun shows that make you a kydex holster while you're sitting there waiting. I'd be surprised if they didn't have a dummy mold of a TLR or other light/laser combo that they could make a holster out of for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts