Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
21,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the PT1911SS this is my Most desired gun. The M&P 9mm 5" pro. To be available some time this spring. This will go good with my M&P .40 and .45

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I have zero hands-on experience with the new M&P line Airwrench so was curious how they handled? One thing I do like about the one in that pic are the straight slide serrations as opposed to the wavy ones on the other models I've seen. I know, that's a bit nitpicky. :D

My immediate wants aside from Taurus are a Sig P2226 in 9mm, CPO or NIB:

An Armalite 9mm:

and an FNP9 & FNP .45 (when released)

·
21,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO the best grip of any handgun I have shot is my M&P .40. I have not shot the .45 enough yet to give a good report but feels reel close to the .40. The thing ran 100% right out of the box and the trigger got better and better the more I shot it.
It is acurate and reliable. Until I scored my 24/7 9mm LS it was all I shot in competition. Now all I am shooting is the 24/7. As soon as I break in the .45 I am going to qualify with it and split my ipsc shooting with the 24/7 and the M&P .45. When the 5" M&P 9mm comes out and if it lives up to my .40 and .45 I will religate the 24/7 to steel only. The M&P's will be my exclusive IPSC guns.
Although I will have to bring the Taurus to IPSC matches every now and then. It really is cool watching those suped up Glocks get smoked by a cheap ol' Taurus. :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thanks for the personal evaluation Airwrench, the next time I'm at one of the shops I go to I'll have to feel the M&Ps just out of curiosity. My PT92 has the best ergos for me though I've heard many say it felt too thick for their hands. I'm glad it's suited to mine since I love that pistol as much as I do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The first centerfire autoloader I ever bought was a german made p226. It is still the sweetest shooting 9 I have ever owned!!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well if you're talking about ANY gun i would absolutely cream my pants if i ever go a hold of a full auto mp5..

or a good old Thompson..

however i'd have to agree im looking forward to the px4sc but i might not have the money if they keep delaying it, the list is longer then just that one gun.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The S&W "Night Guard" revolvers. No pics yet of them but they are due in early April. Keep an eye out if you're a revolver guy. They're going to make a big splash.

·
Registered
876 Posts
How about the FN five-seven? 20 round mags, and 2000 fps from the muzzle.

·
Registered
212 Posts
joe sixpack said:
well if you're talking about ANY gun i would absolutely cream my pants if i ever go a hold of a full auto mp5..
I took my brother in-law & nephew to a class III H&K training class, most guys were shooting [full auto] MP5's. Everyone there was incredibly nice & let us shoot their full auto stuff.....I can tell you that it put huge smiles on our faces. The one my nephew shot was not only fully automatic, but suppressed as well. It was pretty cool....I video taped it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
tman said:
How about the FN five-seven? 20 round mags, and 2000 fps from the muzzle.
This is one I have thought of buying, but can't find any practical reason to get. I would really like to have one, but don't have anything to shoot with it. Too small a caliber for hunting (except squirrel or rabbit) or defense, and the ammo is too expensive for plinking. I still want one, I just don't have a good reason to tell the wife as to why we need it.......because we need it......I just have not figured out why yet.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
For some reason I'm more intrigued with the 5.7x28mm
in the PS90 than the Five-Seven. Not that I'd turn down owning a Five-Seven if I could get one at a reasonable price. ;D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Must admit the PX4 compact is looking nice. ;D
Also have always liked the Sig P229. :p
then there is the ..........
look what you started. I could go on all day!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
There are many I want, like a Starwars Lightsabre :) Below is something I wold really enjoy...

·
Registered
109 Posts
airwrench said:
Besides the PT1911SS this is my Most desired gun. The M&P 9mm 5" pro. To be available some time this spring. This will go good with my M&P .40 and .45
I am having trouble deciding between M&P or an XD45

1 - 20 of 31 Posts