Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up my OSS yesterday and made it out to the range today.

it is basically no different in feel to my standard 24/7, it feels exactly the same in your hand, shoots the same etc. the 3 dot sights are a welcome relief, i have all the front sights filed down on my heine sights, so no adjustment was needed there.

my grouping did improve, as expected. my millenium groupings are usually 7-8"'s at 7 yds, combat style shooting, my 24/7 is around 4-5"'s on average, and i had a best grouping at less than 3 inches w/ the OSS, that is basically emptying a mag in under 10 seconds, so i was real happy w/ that, i did have a few fliers, but had a good solid 3" grouping. the longer sight picture is much easier to aquire.

the decocker scared me the fiirst time i armed the gun, i had fussed w/ it prior to shooting, but when i went to load the chamber and then set the safety, i bumped it into decock, and it has a very audible click that i wasn't ready for.

as a lefty i am looking forward to the ambidextrious safety, but until i start carrying it and practicing w/ it i can't really comment on it, i have always had the safety away from me in carry mode on my 24/7 so i don't know if i will bump it off more often or if it will rub and irritate more.

the real test will be how much more uncomfortable the longer barrel is when it is carried, i am hoping for minimal discomfort, but from experience, i know the millenium is allot more comfortable than the 24/7, so time will tell.

all in all i paid about $80 more for the OSS over traditional 24/7 LS's, time will tell if the ambi safety and decocker are worth the extra money, but for me, it is ego as much as anything, i got something most guys don't and that makes it worth it for me. i also like the fact that i won't have a 1" barrel handicap anymore when shooting against my buddies, i should be able to flat out smoke them now.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the report. What type of holster are you look at?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts