Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an ad on a local gun forum for two OSS's for $1000. What is a reasonable price for these pistols? One is .40 and the other is 9mm. The .40 is blued and the 9mm is stainless.

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
look for similar gun on gun broker

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
Gunbroker sure doesn't have much, there's one @ $495 but there's no bids. I'd say he's 20% high, especially if he insists on both of them selling as a lot.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw those prices on gun broker also. The 9mm is new and the .40 has had one mag through it. For the guys that have an OSS now my questions would be, How much would you pay to get another and how much would you let one go for?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P.S. I really want one. However I have outgrown impulse buying. I am also cheap enough to do without if the price is not right. I can want one for free. I'll just drool over the ones you guys have.;) What price would you offer for the pair?

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
In my opinion the best price is what you are willing to pay. The OSS is a fantastic firearm and it has been discontinued so its probably safe to assume the price will go up. I have shot them a lot and love them, like a 1911 they feel natural in my hand.

Id say if you had the money and thought it was a good deal go for it. It just a personal call. There are firearms I wouldn't take if they paid me to but I have friends who think the same weapon is the best thing since sliced bread. It all just a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I saw those prices on gun broker also. The 9mm is new and the .40 has had one mag through it. For the guys that have an OSS now my questions would be, How much would you pay to get another and how much would you let one go for?
Thats a tough one. Daddy said everything has a price and my price for selling a nice 24/7 OSS would be higher than what the seller is asking. I've owned two(one in 9 and one in 45) for a few years and bought another last year just to put up and ensure that I will have an operable one hopefully for the rest of my life.IMHO the safety is the best thus far for a striker fired defensive pistol.De cocking in this manner is brilliant.I hate the ones that decock by pushing down on the safety almost as much as I hate a slide mounted safety. I have not found a better trigger on a defensive pistol and I own some nice expensive ones.The OSS is my go to pistol and I always have one out of the vault and ready to go.I don't think I could get used to the new safety on the Gen 2 pistols.When I grab a pistol my instinct is to place my thumb hard on the safety so it would naturally decock the G2s or CZ75 B types, just cannot figure out the logic in this type of decock/safety.I like 1911's,CZ75s and Glocks ,I own or have owned all three but I love the OSS.I do wish Taurus would at least bring back the 4" Pro model with the DS safety,they would surely sell.

·
Registered
250 Posts
In December 2010, I purchased my first Taurus auto, a PT145 for about $375 new. Liked it so much that I bought a new OSS DS in 45acp a few months later. That one was $325 plus tax. I probably wouldn't buy another because 1) I have five 45 autos and a CX4 carbine, too many mouths to feed. 2) I never sell and seldom trade my guns, so I'm running out of room. 3) I'm in my mid fifties, so unless I live forever I'm going to be leaving my wife with a lot of firearms to dispose of. No real need to add to the total.
Well, there is that one pistol that i've been looking at..............

Reactions: PreacherRodgers
1 - 9 of 9 Posts