Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new 24/7 OSS yesterday ... came home and started looking for holsters. I visited every holster sight I could think of and was not able to find one holster that was 24/7 OSS specific :( If anyone knows of a manufacturer currently producing holsters for the OSS please enlighten me.

On a good note ... I was able to find additional (factory) magazines for 75% of the price on Taurus' website. I have always wondered how a 3rd party is able to sell OEM items cheaper than the manufacturer themselves.

·
Administrator
18,467 Posts
At the low end of the price scale, the Bagmaster Holster sized for the S&W 4506 will fit my .45 24/7 OSS. I also have a National Cartridge Co. Beretta/CZ75 Vertical Shoulder Holster that fits it well. Blackhawk Serpa Holsters for the H&K P30 or Springfield XD's will work, but the Muzzle will protrude about an inch on Longslide (5 inch barrel) Models. I have the Blackhawk Serpa Sportster for the Springfield XD.

·
Registered
147 Posts
DataMax said:
Picked up my new 24/7 OSS yesterday ... came home and started looking for holsters. I visited every holster sight I could think of and was not able to find one holster that was 24/7 OSS specific :( If anyone knows of a manufacturer currently producing holsters for the OSS please enlighten me.

On a good note ... I was able to find additional (factory) magazines for 75% of the price on Taurus' website. I have always wondered how a 3rd party is able to sell OEM items cheaper than the manufacturer themselves.
Crossbreed holsters will fit the OSS. I have a Crossbreed holster fitted to my Taurus Mil Pro Pt140 and the OSS fits right in like it was made for it.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
DataMax said:
Where did you find the magazines?

·
Registered
37,145 Posts
MY OSS fits in the same holster as my 24/7 c's, the barrel just protrudes a bit farther out the end, but it doesn't hang !
of course my holsters have open ends!
the Blackhawk and the ITEC fits them both as well as the regular 24/7 length.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Olfarhors, would you be willing to tell me the model numbers for the holsters you have that fit the OSS?

I haven't ordered one yet, and I'm shopping around for the nicest I can find. I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
37,145 Posts
dog gone i would love to if i still had the invoice!
once I tried the holsters on the guns and they fit I threw the invoice away!
i can tell you that i got them at "Cheaper than Dirt", and its the ITAC holster , and that it is the only one listed for the Taurus 24/7, Now it is listed as for the 9mm and 40 cal, but it fits the 45 as well.
I tried my 24/7 c (9mm & 45) and my 24/7 OSS in it and they fit like a glove, so i would think for sure that they would fit any of the 24/7 models.
same for the Blackhawk holster the only one that is listed for the 24/7.
I think the Itac was about 25 bucks or so, the Blackhawk is in the 40-45 buck range.
hope that helps you.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
olfarhors said:
MY OSS fits in the same holster as my 24/7 c's, the barrel just protrudes a bit farther out the end, but it doesn't hang !
That's good to know! 'Cause my 24/7 Pro Compact fits the Fobus holster I use for my Millennium Pro PT138!

And...since the 24/7 Pro fits, I guess the 24/7 OSS I'm kinda' hankering for will fit the holster as well. :thumb:

·
Registered
37,145 Posts
yep, finally lucked out on the holster front!
bought the one itac for the taurus 24/7, the 24/7c pro D/S in 9mm & 45 , and the 24/7 pro OSS in 45 will fit the one holster, the 1911 holster fits the colt Government Elite, the Para GI Expert, the Thompson 45, and the Taurus PT1911 , so only needed two holsters for 7 guns!
and as my past record indicates my addiction for model 1911's will more than likely force me at some point to buy another 1911 and I will already have a holster for it.
Life is good sometimes!
especially if you stay on your meds!
Mill if you are hankering you better hurry, they ain't making em anymore!
really happy wiht mine, very accurate.

·
Registered
37,145 Posts
wake, yep still making the ITAC holsters, just not making the 24/7 OSS anymore!
which will possibly make holsters for the OSS even harder to find in the future!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts