Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't Taurus make the 24/7 OSS any more? Too niche? I desperately want one, but used sellers are price gouging, and I'm not sure I'd like a used gun. Does Taurus make any other long slide pistols?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Morning,
I found a 24/7 OSS Tactical in FDE 45 ACP. It was manufactured in 1999. It was laying around the shop for years. No-one wanted it.
Holy Cow! I bought it on the spot. This pistol is outstanding!! I actually prefer the older style with the take-down pin vs the 'Glock' style pull-down dissasembly pins.
Very smooth trigger, and more accurate than I can be. Love it!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I'm not sure why they stopped making it. One thing is for sure, if you find one at a good price the. You'd better jump on it.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Why doesn't Taurus make the 24/7 OSS any more? Too niche? I desperately want one, but used sellers are price gouging, and I'm not sure I'd like a used gun. Does Taurus make any other long slide pistols?
If you want a long slide Taurus, check out the PT1911 series and PT92 series.

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
Models are discontinued because of problems with their design, or that they don't sell well.
And the 24/7 D/ S OSS was specially designed for military acceptance trials, when the trials were dropped mid testing then the 24/7 OSS became a less than desirable weapon in todays lighter/ shorter/ flashier society.
Same thing happened to the fore runner of the OSS the 24/7 LS due to size.
My OSS Tactical Is a pretty accurate weapon but its not for carry and while dependable its not as dependable as several of my other weapons that I do carry, still I like the beast .

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,816 Posts
When Taurus shifted production over to the then new 24/7 G2, there had been a long slide version planned, but it was culled from the line up and never made.

I have the .45 24/7 OSS and love it. It is more suitable to open carry and I have carried it on my property. Mine has been very accurate and reliable.
I love it's ergonomics and the way it shoots.

Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45 w/Hogue Slip On Grip

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 9 of 9 Posts