Taurus Firearm Forum banner

OSS .45 3 shot jamming issue and deliema

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Superzuki 
#1 · (Edited)
So shortly after the recall, my PT 24/7 OSS DS .45 started acting up. Regardless of ammo (brands and types), I can get three shots before I get a feed jam. The 4th round will not feed and pistol remains out of battery. I've tried different magazines all OEM and also tried the same magazines, same ammo in my 24/7 Pro 4". No issues.

So I striped it down, no noticable issues with the ramp, extractor is good, spring is good. Cleaned and lubed everything, same issue.

Contacted taurus support and I can only get the $200 bucks, no repair work. Other than my 1911, my OSS was my favorite sidearm. And she worked so well up until this recent issue. Not to mention $200 for $500 gun is a rip off. I see that there is a clause in the settlement that says they can do the settlement amount or repair the pistol once a repair is identified but doesn't sound like taurus is looking for a repair.

So my deliema is do I take the cash now or wait for a possible repair or try to take it to a local smith?

Also, if any other OSS owners have had this issue, I'd be indebted to you if you can assist me with a possible solution.

Thanks for your time.

Oh and the OSS has about 500 or so rounds through her before this issue started.

See less See more
#4 ·
I would take a shot at replacing the recoil spring, if that didn't correct it then I would find a good local smith myself.
and NO you can't buy a recoil spring from taurus as they no longer make any long slide 24/7 to my knowledge.
might take a look at the extractor and make sure the cartridge isn't tying to push feed when it fails.

#5 ·
If I have this right, if you load a mag with 12 rounds it would jam on #4, #8, and #12? That's bizzare. I think it may be possessed. I got nothing.

#6 ·
That's annoying. I've been thinking of selling my OSS. It is working fine, but I am afraid of having a problem and not being able to fix it. This impels me a little closer to doing that.

Reactions: olfarhors
#7 · (Edited)
So shortly after the recall, my PT 24/7 OSS DS .45 started acting up. Regardless of ammo (brands and types), I can get three shots before I get a feed jam. The 4th round will not feed and pistol remains out of battery. I've tried different magazines all OEM and also tried the same magazines, same ammo in my 24/7 Pro 4". No issues. So I striped it down, no noticable issues with the ramp, extractor is good, spring is good. Cleaned and lubed everything, same issue. Contacted taurus support and I can only get the $200 bucks, no repair work. Other than my 1911, my OSS was my favorite sidearm. And she worked so well up until this recent issue. Not to mention $200 for $500 gun is a rip off. I see that there is a clause in the settlement that says they can do the settlement amount or repair the pistol once a repair is identified but doesn't sound like taurus is looking for a repair. So my deliema is do I take the cash now or wait for a possible repair or try to take it to a local smith? Also, if any other OSS owners have had this issue, I'd be indebted to you if you can assist me with a possible solution. Thanks for your time. Oh and the OSS has about 500 or so rounds through her before this issue started.
Yes, I did too. It took a magazine spring to fix it. Wolfe springs doesn't have springs for the Taurus magazines, but I found that a magazine for a Para Ordinance P14 will work in the OSS, I got the spring for a P13 and it fit right in. The only problem I ran into was the the spring seems a bit long and the magazine now holds 11 rounds. That was a fair trade off for me. I also had trouble with the slide locking back, the new springs fixed that too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.