Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to believe this Osprey got 5-6 fish at a time and then got a flounder under 3 feet of water
and made off with what looks to be a 5+ lb steelhead. Have you ever seen a bird shake water
off like a dog does? Its talons are amazing!

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Pretty cool.

I love to watch the Osprey fish here in the Keys, I have seen them catch some pretty big Snook. I wonder how many hours of filming went into catching the under water shot with the flounder?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
There used to be 2 ospreys that hung out on the power line that cross Factory Bayou in San Leon,Texas along Broadway. I spent many hours watching them. It was where they would come to eat fish that they had caught in Galveston Bay. They really are beautiful, amazing birds. Living in the woods here in Mississippi is great but I do miss living on the bay sometimes.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Powerful and amazing Birds. I love watching them around our rivers and lakes. Master Fishermen!

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Registered
510 Posts
One of my favorite bass fishing spots is directly beneath a man-made osprey nest. She and I have had a love-hate relationship for a few years now (mostly hate on her part). They are very vocal....and very large birds.:shocked:

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
In summer of 1959 I witnessed a Bald Eagle do that to get a large Rainbow trout. I was shaded up less than 40 feet from the occurrence, I had never seen anything like that and I had lived in Idaho and Montana all my life at that time. Was on the Bitterroot River just down stream from the Stevensville bridge. That same summer I watched a River Otter catching rainbows just upstream from the place the eagle was fishing. Wildlife never ceases to amaze!!!

·
22,316 Posts
Great footage! It's amazing that the doggy shake was mid-air!

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Those things piss me off all the time when I am bass fishing! I will spend an hour in an area and not catch a single fish and those damn birds are catching bass left and right!:mad::mad:

OH, that last fish was only 3 3/4 pounds!:D:D

Reactions: tooboocoo

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I've always loved watching birds of prey do their thing.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Awesome !

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
There's a man made pond I fish at that's stocked with small trout, there's one that visits every winter. Gotta love that tail shake! Then we get turkey vultures during the summer looking for dead catfish. There can be a dead catfish right at the waters edge and they won't go after them, they just sit and stare at them.
100_0404[2].jpg 100_0406[1].jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts