Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Excited to be joining the Taurus group!! I'll be turning 21 very soon and I'll be purchasing a Taurus G2C and have the barrel cerakoted gold. Already got my alien holster and a Trayvax carrying belt. Anything y'all recommend to upgrade on the G2C? I know about the guide rod and the sights. Also post some custom made stuff!! Thanks !

Administrator
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

Registered
Welcome aboard
I'm kinda new here also.
a good bunch guys and girls in here,
Enjoy
Bob

Welcome to the best gun forum on the web. I would slow down a bit on customizing. Shoot a few hundred rounds through it first, that way you will know if any custom upgrades you install affect the performance of your new pistol. I love my G2C, so much so that it is my summer carry.

Super Moderator
Welcome from Northern Illinois! I echo the above, shoot, practice and carry for awhile and figure out what you really need. I would probably be adding a single or double magazine carrier for the weak side. Galco makes some nice ones in leather, AG has options also.

Registered
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

Super Moderator
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:

Registered
Welcome from SE PA. You picked a great forum and a great gun. I have two of them. I agree with those above who have advised not to start upgrading without breaking in the gun and becoming totally familiar with it. Intend to just politely speak my mind here so here goes. The sights in the G2C are just fine. More expensive sights are really not going to make you a better shot. If you are thinking you need some high biz sights for use in darkness I suggest the better remedy is a flashlight.

Unless you are going to be carrying the gun in freezing temperatures for many consequtive hours the OEM guide rod if perfectly OK. The guide rod does nothing more than hold the recoil spring in alignment. It does not have to absorb the recoil force. The spring does that. I have only read of one case where a plastic guide rod failed. It was in sub freezing temperature for hours and was fired repetitively for hours. If you are worried about the guide rod breaking but an OEM one and keep it handy. You can replace it i the field in thirty seconds or less once you get good at taking off the slide.

Consider this. New sights and a stainless steel recoilmassembly are likely to cost you in the range of $100, and they are not going to make you a better shooter with the gun. Better to use that money for range time and ammo that will make you a better shooter. New gun owners are often lured into parts replacement game. Don鈥檛 be. Knowmthe gun inside and out, then if you see a need for an adaptation or replacement you can make it. It easy to spend money on upgrade but most of them are not going to provide real advantages.

Finally, if you are going to carry the gun as a self defense weapon, I strongly advise not to change the slide color as you plan. That would be antithetical to concealment which is about making the gun harder to to be seen.

Best of luck to you, and enjoy your G2C when you get it. You are going to love it.

Reactions: Fluffydude36

Registered
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

Registered
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: We're might glad you decided to join Ye Merrye Crewwe". :thumb:

Registered
Welcome. I don't have a G2C...yet, but I do have the G2 that I'm very pleased with. Great little guns that won't break the bank.

Registered
Hey everyone! Excited to be joining the Taurus group!! I'll be turning 21 very soon and I'll be purchasing a Taurus G2C and have the barrel cerakoted gold. Already got my alien holster and a Trayvax carrying belt. Anything y'all recommend to upgrade on the G2C? I know about the guide rod and the sights. Also post some custom made stuff!! Thanks !
Welcome to the T.A.

Registered
Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas.
I know you're excited about getting your first gun; but I would advise against getting it all "tricked out".
If you're ever involved in a shooting, an ambitious prosecutor can turn that against you, saying it shows that you're a gun-nut that was eager to shoot somebody.
Check out a few self-defense law websites, like Law of Self Defense (www.lawofselfdefense.com).

Registered
Hello from KY.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts