Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made this point in the past, but since a part just became available for a Bersa .22 magazine, I'll make the point again with an order I just placed.

My youngest son a couple of months ago took my Firestorm 22-6 out to shoot along with my two oldest grandsons. Long story short, they lost a locking retention plate for the bottom of the magazine, making the magazine useless.

It was a $1 part (if it had not been on back order at the time).

Anyhow, the part was now available and the shipping was $7.

So I ordered two of the plates $2.00
A firing Pin 7.00
A firing pin spring 1.00
a magazine follower 3.00
a magazine spring 1.00
an extra grip screw 1.00
an extractor 3.00
an extractor spring 1.00

Subtotal $20.00

Shipping (still just $7 for 9 parts) 7.00

Total $27.00

I really like the idea of having spare parts that you typically lose or break or otherwise mess
up for firearms I plan on keeping, so anytime I have to order one part, I usually take advantage of
making the most of my shipping charges. The parts all come together in a ziplock bag, I put a label
on the bag along with the shipping list of parts inside the bag and put into my smithing drawer.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Good idea, thanks. I'm thinking of doing the same, just in case.

Have you ever ordered magazine followers from Taurus? Taurus CS told me that they only sell whole magazines. The yellow followers on my magazines have significant gouges perpendicular to how the rounds are seated. Otherwise, they are nicely broken in, and work smoothly, and I don't want to replace them on warranty or out of my pocket.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Well if they get replaced on warranty, generally CS sends you the mag first before you have to send them the old faulty one. That's if they even want it back.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've only ordered parts from Taurus one time, that was for a captive recoil spring assembly for my PT145. The PT145 would still function, so I didn't want to send the existing spring back, I did however order two recoil springs so I would have a spare. At that time, the recoil springs were $6

·
Registered
703 Posts
Is there a place I can find part numbers to order? If CS tells me that it's not available, I might have more luck by mailing in an order...?

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even when ordering parts from Numrich E-gun parts for one gun with something messed up, like a gas gasket on an old Ithaca SKB auto-shotgun, I thought of all the small parts I needed to get some other guns back to perfect like messed up grip screw heads etc, or missing rear sight elevator tabs or ramps on guns belonging to my oldest son.

Recently, I ordered a new grip screw for a beautiful 78 vintage Browning Champion .22 pistol I had just purchased. The Browning was just perfect other than a previous owner had buggered up a grip screw head. I bought a spare firing pin, recoil spring and an extra grip screw.

I wish Taurus had the same online ordering system for parts as many other manufactures have. Perhaps it's because of their warranty department, but I would just as soon not have to deal with a human on the phone for an order of $30 or less.

Reactions: kentuckycowboy2

·
Registered
703 Posts
I agree.

I'd rather pay for these wear parts if they're not too expensive, than deal with the hassle and expense of shipping a firearm to FL, and the attendant loss of use. If I can click to order, even better.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Andrew, if you bought your Taurus new, there should be a manual with a parts diagram. If not, just google it and it will most likely come up. I think Taurus wants to talk to you to make sure they have the right serial number and Generation of firearm, to make sure you get the right parts, however, Murphy's law will always be in effect!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Thanks Jake. Yes, I do have the manual, and but the numbers on the parts diagram are generic across the 800 series. I guess I could call Taurus again and tell them I want to buy parts 6.02 magazine follower & 6.03 magazine spring, etc.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Jake. Yes, I do have the manual, and but the numbers on the parts diagram are generic across the 800 series. I guess I could call Taurus again and tell them I want to buy parts 6.02 magazine follower & 6.03 magazine spring, etc.
It's worth a try!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts