Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering ordering a Taurus 24/7 from one of the online stores but not sure witch one. I suppose that some of the experience rests on the local FFL dealer, which for the most part seems to be mostly pawn shops. I'd be interested in hearing some input on good and bad experiences.

Thanks in advance,
Brad

·
Registered
106 Posts
+1 for Buds.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Lots of good comments on Buds,and what seems to be decent prices, but never bought there, I prefer to buy local.....but if you have no option, I would think Buds would be a good way to go, or you might even look at some of the auctions, gunbroker, or gunsamerica.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I've used Davidsons Gallery of Guns four times and I've used Bud's once.

I'm lucky that a nearby pawn shop offers really good pricing from Davidson's and is a Davidson's dealer. What this means in my case is that $17.95 on top of the gun price covers shipping and transfer. Not all Davidson's dealers offer good pricing, so it might not be for everyone.

Bud's is good, but understand that the pricing they show is a cash price. That means you will have to send them a check and wait on that to clear to get your gun shipped to get Bud's advertised price. Plus, you have to find a gun dealer in advance that do the transfer for you which around here averages $35 to $50 for an actual gun shop or pawn shop.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

I have had good experiences with on-line purchases and with my LGS as my FFL.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Lots of good comments on Buds,and what seems to be decent prices, but never bought there, I prefer to buy local.....but if you have no option, I would think Buds would be a good way to go, or you might even look at some of the auctions, gunbroker, or gunsamerica.
Agree with buying local, and Welcome to to Taurus Armed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All,
Thanks for the input, I can get it from the local Sportsman warehouse for $399 +tax or from gallery of guns for about the same including tax and additional fees at the local pawn shop/FFL. To add even more monkeys to the mix, my son's friend's family owns a shop with an FFL and he is trying to get it for me but they don't seemed to be registered on any of the online stores.
I'm chomping at the bit because I'm taking a CCL class next month and want to get some range time before the class.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, I also like to use the LGS but in the case of my 24/7 G2 they could not come close to the price that I got from CTD. My local FFL only charged me $25 for a transfer fee and it only took about 15 minutes once I went to pick it up. Ask your LGS if they have their FFL on file with any of the online stores. Mine did at CTD and all I had to do is email them after the purchase identifying my FFL and the fact that they were on file - no additional paperwork to send in.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi!

I've only bought a handgun online once; and that was from Bud's Gun Shop--no tax--free shipping and a $40 FFL transfer fee to my local dealer.

I much prefer to buy locally, however, and keep the money in my community.

Reactions: Willboat

·
32,612 Posts

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
CTD usually stands for Cheaper Than Dirt. Just usually alot faster typing it that way.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
My LGS/FFL will match anything up-to-date that I print for him online. This includes his background check and his $25 FFL fee. He makes very little on each transaction but moves lots of guns, accessories, and ammo.

I pay little attention to under-the-glass price tags.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I've only bought a handgun online once; and that was from Bud's Gun Shop--no tax--free shipping and a $40 FFL transfer fee to my local dealer.
Good point about no tax being charged when purchased from Bud's. Davidson's dealers definitely charge tax. Just like a local shop would.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
I've purchased online from Bud's Guns, Auction Arms and Davidson's.
Davidson's allows me to check the prices of several dealers in my area in order to find the best price and it kind of combines the best of both worlds - the ease and convenience of shopping online, plus supporting my LGS.
And, of course, there is Davidson's Lifetime Replacement warranty.

However, I'll add that I've had good experiences and fast service from all the three I named.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Support your local gun store. They will let you look at and hold all of their firearms and are eager to share their knowledge, allowing you to make the right decision.

I went in for a Glock 30 because it would take my Glock 21 magazines. While in the store I looked at all the items in the counter and left the store with a Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro.

I have only bought online twice when the locals didn't have what I wanted. Be careful with Buds; They will have that thing shipped out before you can change your mind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts