Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm a newb here and am ordering a 24/7 .40 compact tommorow. In the 2008 book it has a listing for a 10+1 compact and a 15+1 compact. What is the difference.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say that the 10 round mag model is for the State's that do not allow a high capacity model to be sold such as California

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm pretty sure MPanova is correct, it comes with a short 10rnd mag to make the gun Mill Pro size, add the 15 rnd mag with it's spacer and you have a grip of a 24/7. Aslong as your not in Cal. anyway, my guess would be a compact 10 rnd mag and a full size 10 rnd mag for a Cal. gun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What makes the difference in the 10 and 15 round mags? I am speaking in terms of internals. Havent took my mag apart yet, but Im wondering if it can be modified? I love California!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
int he 10 round mags that are the same size as the 15 there is a plug or the mag will have a crimp going around it to keep the spring from going all the way down

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. I just wanted to make sure I was getting what I wanted. I did call Taurus today and they told me the same thing about Cali. having a 10+1 part number for the 24/7.

·
Registered
122 Posts
thanks for the pics. do you think its possible to convert a 10round .40 to a 15 round?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Taurus24740cal said:
thanks for the pics. do you think its possible to convert a 10round .40 to a 15 round?
One is about an inch longer than the other so it ain't going to happen. Just buy an extra mag.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Taurus24740cal said:
If you live in California or a state that only allows 10-round capacity you'd be looking for trouble by doing a conversion.
You'd never be able to defend yourself legally with the mags in that altered condition. If you want it for range time you'd still have a problem if a LEO pulled you over and found it. (Felony)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts