Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One is a pancake OWB that fits my M856. The other one is a nylon IWB that also fits my M856. I got them because the price was reasonable. Once I get them, I'll know if they are "cheap".

·
Registered
420 Posts
Got a couple of the Barsony belt slide holsters. Wear them all the time, they have been rugged as you could want. Great buy IMO.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It's tough finding 3" revolver holster made in nylon. But as a gamble I ordered a Barsony OWB nylon belt holster for my 3" GP100. If I like it I'll order one for my 3" S&W model 24.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The holsters came today. Both fit the 856 very well. The IWB is nylon. The entire gun including the hammer is covered. Only the handle is exposed. It seems to be well made. The bottom of the holster is open and it appears to be about 1/2 between the end of the barrel and the bottom of the holster.

The OWB holster is a leather pancake style. It seems well made also. The trigger is covered, and the hammer is covered by a leather strap.

Both are made here in the US. The Nylon one just says Made in USA. The leather one is stamped Barsony Beaverton, OR.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
My Barsony holster came also. My 3" GP100 fits ok, slightly loose. My only real gripe (not much of one though) is the strap passes over the grip for retention, not the hammer. But it's the way the holster is design as the revolver sits deep in the holster so a hammer strap would have been useless anyway.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I said the hammer is covered by the strap. To be more correct, the strap runs behind the hammer. If the strap is in place, the hammer can not be pulled back.

Mine fit real tight, but I suspect that's because my revolver is the model 856. The 856 is exactly like the 85, except the cylinder is slightly larger in order to accommodate 6 rounds, instead of the usual 5.

My Barsony holster came also. My 3" GP100 fits ok, slightly loose. My only real gripe (not much of one though) is the strap passes over the grip for retention, not the hammer. But it's the way the holster is design as the revolver sits deep in the holster so a hammer strap would have been useless anyway.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I ordered a Barsony Flap holster for my CZ 52 on ebay and am quite impressed with it for the price. If I remember it was $40.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts