Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know I ordered a set of trijicon sites for my PT145. I will post more after I get them (ordered on 7-25/08) from MMC.

Tony

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Tex costs is 89 dollars tax and the rest coms out to $101.00 It takes like 2-3 weeks to get not bad either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
89 bucks plus 12 sh = 101.00

Yes I am going to install my self and no I am not a gunsmith...been around guns my whole life..but it cant be that hard 2 set screws and some shooting...ordered direct from the MMC site
http://www.mmcsight.com/tritium.htm

these are going on a MIL PRO 45 / SS

·
Super Moderator
21,725 Posts
watch for Murphy's law take you time and it should be fine.

Reactions: JK4778

·
Registered
438 Posts
i remember once wen murphys law happened to me, it involved a romanian ak, 30 rounds, swear words, and enough wall spackle to cover thirty dime sized holes. all unintentional though, not psychotic.

:D :'(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I received the sights today...rear with dovetail and drilled for set screw...np....front with dovetail and not drilled for a set screw...problem??? I went back and checked the picture on the website yep that front dovetailed sight is not drilled either..I have not take the old front off yet. Does anyone know if the new front sight will fit tight enough without a set screw???? DA%^ you Murphy..

Tony

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
trust me on this (murphys law struck) you will need to take in to a guns smith so he can properly file it down and tap it in for you.
Trust me on this

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Orlando d you talk like Mr Murph has been to your house...you get the same issue with a set of these sights? How much did the gunsmith charge you? I might pull the front sight and see how close it is. Not that I dont trust you just need more info...trust but verify.

Tony

·
Administrator
35,569 Posts
I was told by the dude at Bass Pro that their gunsmith would install night sights on my gun, even if I didn't get them through the store. I think they were going to charge me $20 or so to do it.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
forvols said:
Orlando d you talk like Mr Murph has been to your house...you get the same issue with a set of these sights? How much did the gunsmith charge you? I might pull the front sight and see how close it is. Not that I dont trust you just need more info...trust but verify.

Tony
Actually when i asked him how much he said No Charge, i was in shock and Thanked Him.
The rear sight will just slide in but the front sight not as easy has to be grinded some and tapped in theres no screw for the front .Just trying to help ya out.

·
Administrator
35,569 Posts
On the rocks.....LOL, I like that. Just be careful with 'shaken, not stirred'......

Nice sights, I'm gonna get me some for my PT145.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
On the rocks.....LOL, I like that. Just be careful with 'shaken, not stirred'......

Nice sights, I'm gonna get me some for my PT145.
cant shake too much dont want to miss lol
BTW glow in the dark really nice

1 - 20 of 32 Posts