Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I was just thinking of posting this myself. My problem is having the time during the day to call them when I could do it at night online.

Reactions: Marinevietvet

·
Banned
134 Posts
try Brownell's Supply, but you have to get past the know-nothing order takers and talk to the real SMITHS there. also try Bob's Gun Parts and GunPartsCorporation (Numrich Arms) The last company has a forum, too. they stock lots and lots of gun parts, mostly older, out of production stuff, but not just that sort of thing, either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree, I had to wait through 38 callers to order some stellar clips, over an hour. They must only have one rep answering the phone. Other than that, I love my Taurus products.

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
It sounds simple enough. Not sure it is actually that simple. Every time I have called Taurus to order parts or accessories, I am placed on hold so the can check stock. To me it sounds like they need to get a better inventory system in place before they try and set up an online ordering system. I think some day me may see it, I am guessing right now they are more concerned on keeping up with the order frenzy going on nation wide.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wow....I called tonight to order 2 more magazines for my new 740. I get on the phone and hear 12 callers ahead of me. I think, oh that's not too bad, especially considering what all is going on right now. 2 1/2 hrs later, I finally get to a person to order. Its kinda sad it takes 5 times longer to order two magazines than it does to purchase the firearm itself. But at last, its done and they are on their way along with some ammo I've ordered from online.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It just stands to reason the more customers reached, the more business conducted. There are companies that will handle the entire distribution of parts for and increased handling fee. I'm not a big fan of paying more for each part, but my time is money and spending countless hours on the phone for a $3 part is silly. I would pay 30-50% more for an Amazon type click point and ship distribution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts