Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run at least three times a week, on a track. I'm planning on going out of town for a few weeks and will have to run down the road on back streets, I'm trying to think of how I can carry my TCP 738. I guess a belly band would be best, but would like to see if anyone else does this and how they carry.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Smart carry holster is great with no belt jogging pants or shorts.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Smart carry holster is great without no belt jogging pants or shorts.
Does the smart carry flop up and down when jogging? I have never tried one before, but it seems like it would flop around like if you stuck your pocket gun in the pocket of some loose basketball type shorts and tried to run.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ive pondered this problem. I cant carry on base, so PT while armed isnt a big deal for me...yet. Going to the gym or outdoor sidewalk however presents a different problem.

I havent done this yet, but if you have a tracksuit (like the Air Force PT gear) and its not obscenely hot, a shoulder holster could get -er done. I personally dislike the smartcarry idea, as one gentleman put a bullet through his family jewels while walking his dog with a holster of that type.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I havent done this yet, but if you have a tracksuit (like the Air Force PT gear) and its not obscenely hot, a shoulder holster could get -er done. I personally dislike the smartcarry idea, as one gentleman put a bullet through his family jewels while walking his dog with a holster of that type.
ouch!! that would put a downer on my day. I am never comfortable carrying in the front of my pants. I don't care what the actor on TV does. He isn't pionting live ammo at his future kids. I like to carry pointed toward my rear.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
ouch!! that would put a downer on my day. I am never comfortable carrying in the front of my pants. I don't care what the actor on TV does. He isn't pionting live ammo at his future kids. I like to carry pointed toward my rear.

Bodybuilder Arm Muscle Shoulder Bodybuilding

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't think that he is being very safe with placement for carry. most people carry IWB at 3, 6, or 9 o'clock. not at 12 or 1. and not cocked locked and ready to fire. and I know you should not jog like this. I thought about the orginal question and I would use a belly holster or carry shirt with velco. i would train with it before i carry and i would make sure the trigger was covered. the first time you carry a gun in a new place or position should not be in a life or death situation. so practice or dont carry at all.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I don't think that he is being very safe with placement for carry. most people carry IWB at 3, 6, or 9 o'clock. not at 12 or 1. and not cocked locked and ready to fire
Far as I can tell our hero there is carrying his PT92 off safe in DA mode.I posted that as a hilarious visual case of how NOT to carry any firearm.Its from Resident Evil 4.

Reactions: ArmedinTN

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just received a Remora noclip holster for my Taurus 605. While the 605 wouldn't be great for jogging (too heavy), they make several holsters for small autos, like the 738, that would be fine for jogging, as long as your jogging shorts are tight enough. Remora Holsters Store They have a lot of options like reinforced top that are excellent for iwb without a belt. It took the evening with the 605 in the holster to form well enough to be able to reholster easily. And it's only ~ 30 bucks.
Btw, I'm wearing mine with cargo shorts and no belt right now. HTH.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The ConcealmentT looks appealing to me. I might just have to purchase one of these for my PT740 Slim for summertime carry.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Far as I can tell our hero there is carrying his PT92 off safe in DA mode.I posted that as a hilarious visual case of how NOT to carry any firearm.Its from Resident Evil 4.
It was funny. I need to post it on my wall for my boys to see how not to carry a weapon. the funniest part about it is i used to watch the old cop shows and think they were so cool with a gun in there pants. you couldn't pay me to walk around like that now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts