Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an inside source for a local auction that’s coming up. In this auction are some guns which came from the estate of a hack gunsmith and prepper. The guns are typically rough but functional, but then there is 1... it is a blued 66 4” that has been bead blasted. The gun is externally complete less grips, but internally empty. It is (as described) barreled frame with attached cylinder and loose sideplate. This is an odd and interesting chance to hand fit and piece together my own work of art on a platform I love. I have built, tweaked, and rebuilt several revolvers over the years, and I’m strongly giving it thought. What should my max bid be on this item? I’m thinking $75ish, and when I get it functioning I will put on another barrel...vent rib, long...

·
9,089 Posts
Depends on how bad you want it. If it is a Taurus 66, parts are going to be a challenge, although I have been seeing kits of used 66 parts for around 139 - 189. Piece meal - probably closer to $150 if you just get the parts needed., when they are available. - I'd bid not much more than $50.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts