Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know where to post this, but this seemed like the best place although this is not a complaint at all...

I won a Taurus 1911 via random draw back in August at the Steel Challenge Championships. Unfortunately, I could not have the 1911 as it is not on the list of CA approved guns. So Taurus gave me the choice of any other gun that was CA legal. I ended up going with the PT-92 SPL. They didn't have one in stock, so they built me a new one. After a shipping delay (I am not going to complain -- it's a free gun afterall), I finally got a call from my FFL on Friday saying that it had arrived. They added that there was some bad news - the gun came shipped with hi-cap magazines that are not legal in CA, so the FFL would not be able to give me those when they release the gun.

I called Robert at Taurus' Florida office. I'd been dealing with Robert since the I won the gun... he was a bit upset because he specifically told the people who packaged the gun to put 10 round mags with it. He took my address and said he'd put in the order to have 10 rounders shipped out ASAP. This was late Friday afternoon.

Saturday morning, I headed out to my weekly IDPA match and had a great time shooting my .45... arrived home around noon. As I am pulling in my driveway, the FedEx truck pulls up, the guy jumps out and hands me a package - FROM TAURUS! In less than 24 hours, I had the correct magazines -- during holiday season no less!

To make a great story even better, instead of the expected and normal two magazines, they sent me FIVE MAGS!

Thanks to Robert, who has been a joy to deal with over the last few months and to Taurus for making things right in a big way!

I can't pick the gun up for 10 days (CA waiting period) but since the FFL is also a shooting range, I can go in a shoot it as much as I want during the waiting period. I am going first thing tomorrow to put some rounds downrange.

THANKS TAURUS!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Very cool...always nice to here good stuff about Taurus..
it is so easy to say negative things about stuff that sometimes people forget to say something good also...

this section was a good place to post that..helps to add some positive stuff to this section... ;)

Sounds like they treated you right... :D

Thanks

·
Registered
296 Posts
What was it CA didn't like about the 1911? Don't know all the laws but I didn't think that would be on anyones list. Glad to hear that Taurus treated you well and would let you change gun types. 5 mags over night sound like good PR. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stephpd said:
What was it CA didn't like about the 1911?
I'm not sure. All manufacturers must submit all gun models to the CA DOJ if they want them to be available in CA. Taurus either did not submit, or it did not pass. I imagine that new CA laws (loaded chamber indicator, mag disconnect, etc.) probably just kept Taurus from submitting one. Perhaps it was just too new to be on the list, but Taurus didn't give me any indication that approval was pending or anything, so I think the gun was never submitted - probably a mag disconnect issue.

·
Registered
846 Posts
You cant beat a free gun and good service. There are ones out there that woulda still complained. Enjoy it and have fun.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't believe you! Why are you trolling and spouting off good things about Taurus!! This is the "I HATE Tarus forum!" You better shape up or you'll get banned!!!

:D j/k of course! ;)

It is good to read reports like this. I can imagine there are many other people that Taurus does the same thing for, but we don't get to hear from them. Thanks for posting your experience!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks, Taurus Winner! :loco: It is great to read something upbeat in this forum. I know it's a complaint department, but sometimes we need to look at the bright side of things. Congrats on a great gun!

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Congrats on the new free Taurus. It`s great that Taurus took good care of you. We don`t hear enough of the good things about thier CS. Welcome to the forum from Lapeer,Michigan. :guns: :wave:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Of course a refreshing moment.

Congrats! :thumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
This is one main reason why I refused to go to CA for college...too many weird laws~!
Congrats on your new pistol and an excellent experience with Taurus!
Is this spl edition the SS slide/blued body one? If so, please please post pictures once you get it; I've been drooling over it for some time but have never seen a picture in real life!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Great post. You'll love your 92!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Taurus Winner:
Thanks again for your post. I broke in my new TCP 738 .380 pistol today, and it performed flawlessly. Thought this might be a word of encouragement to those who are posting complaints on their Taurus handguns.
MilProGuy 8)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Taurus winner - I appreciate your post a lot. I have an older m.689 revolver that works flawlessly, but hearing all these stories all the time... anyhow, i'm taking delivery of my new 845 tonight and i'm glad to hear that you can actually reach a human on the end of the Taurus phone if you need one.
Hopefully i won't.
Now, someone asked why people live in california. As a former Californian (30 years may not qual me as an expert, but am certainly informed), my answers are below.

1. Why people live in California. Girls, outdoor opportunities, girls, nice weather, 10 million employers, girls, sun, girls, beaches, girls, they're born there.
2. why people move away from california. Because so many people move there in the first place and continue to do so, you can't really enjoy all the girls, jobs, and sports. Well, ok, i enjoyed the girls. ;D Also the politicians, and a lot of the citizens, are nuts. And getting nuttier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts