Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i have my TCP for about a year and during that time i have been carring it in a pocket holster but never been comfortable with that setup. I am 6'2 260 with some fairly large "love handels". I happend across the Uncle George wallet holster and it looks like it's just the ticket. Before i make the plunge i was wondering what other people thoughts were that have used this holster. Thanks.

Jason

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't have one, but I am impressed with the design. It has many little design details that make it work just right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Full disclosure - I do not have my concealed carry license yet so I have no real day to day experience carrying my TCP in the Uncle George's pocket holster.

I received my Uncle George's holster about a week ago and have been storing the TCP in the holster before it goes in my gun safe. The wallet side of the holster is a little stiff out of the box but it's starting to loosen up as I pocket carry in my home.

The two most important factors for me are, does the gun fit the holster and does it print when in my pocket. The TCP fits the holster well. It's a little tight but starting to loosen up after a week. The holster does a great job of hiding in a front or back jeans pocket. Looks just like a wallet when in the back pocket.

So far I'm pleased with the purchase and would buy it again. The fit and finish of the holster is excellent.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I use one of these Pocket Holsters but I kind of wish I got an Uncle George, they look better finished and maybe thinner, without the screws holding it together. One plus is I can take it apart and use it as a front pocket holster, without the backing.

Mine functions fine, I have no reason to replace it. But if I was buying another it would probably be an Uncle George.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Before i make the plunge i was wondering what other people thoughts were that have used this holster.
Hello, I am carrying my TCP in an Uncle George holster as I type this. It has been a great holster. No issues with it at all. I think it's a really good quality product, and I'm glad I got it.

If you need to know more, just ask.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys guys. I was wondering how comfortable it is. I am use to carring a bifold wallet with a check book so i figure this isn't too bad.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I have a Guru Pocket Holster, which is very similar to the Uncle George's Pocket Holster you are considering, and it is the best I have found for the TCP, LCP, or P3AT.

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have one and its exclusively how i carry mine. I Love it and its fast and easy to draw. and reholster. It conceals easy with no chance of printing. it also fits in any pocket front or back. I carry mine in the back strong hand.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I tried a few at my LGS yesterday. Didn't buy one. None of the pocket style holsters I tried were marked for a TCP. I tried a bunch for the LCP, didn't quite fit right.
There was a paddle style of an LCP that fit the TCP perfectly. I might get it just cause it was so nice looking. Forgot the brand but it was $50. I'll have to look for an uncle george.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have my order in with Uncle George. When i get it i will let yall know how it goes. Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts