Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got one in at work today and I'm thinking about putting it on lay away as a potential carry piece and wanted to get some other opinions on them. One of my co-workers is a former competition handgun shooter that was sponsored by Glock so his opinion is a little biased.
I like the way it feels in my hand but the "goal post" sights will take some getting used to

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't own a 26 as they're just too small for my hand, however I do have a Glock 19 Gen 4 and I LOVE it. In my opinion the Gen 4 features are excellent. The grips are much better, recoil is reduced even more (even more than my compensated model) and it's still an excellent gun all the way around.

I don't believe the 26 Gen 4 was affected by the recoil spring fiasco but my 19 (tested 11/11) has never jammed with factory ammo. It didn't like a couple of my handloads, but that's my fault.

If you're using the gun for carry, then simply swap out the sights you don't like for night sights...makes a huge difference.

I'm a skinny dude, and I keep my 19 perfectly hidden in a Crossbreed super tuck holster.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I too love my Glock 19 but find it a bit big and heavy for concealed carry. Have never shot a 26 but because it's a bit smaller and holds only 10 rounds v. 15 plus one in the pipe, would seem to be a better carry gun. Glocks are tough and reliable, mine eats any ammo I feed it.

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
I've owned one or more of nearly everything Glock has imported since 1987 including the M26.

To be honest I prefered the M19 over it, but never warmed up to their 2X4 grip's feel.

For a sub-compact 9mm I much more prefer the Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro.

It's grip is much more ergonomic, yet long enough to hold your pinky finger, it's lighter, and holds two more rounds than the Glock in it's mag.

It's 100% reliable and accurate, but the frosting on the cake is that it's about $150-$200 cheaper than the Glock.

That being said, if the Glock fits your hand better, and you don't mind parting with the extra money, then by all means get the Glock.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I too love my Glock 19 but find it a bit big and heavy for concealed carry. Have never shot a 26 but because it's a bit smaller and holds only 10 rounds v. 15 plus one in the pipe, would seem to be a better carry gun. Glocks are tough and reliable, mine eats any ammo I feed it.
A G19 to heavy for concealed carry??? My G19 has become my EDC. Never would have guessed that I'd like a Glock, but I really like a Glock!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'm a HUGE fan of gen4 Glocks, I have 2 (23 and 22) and they are some of my favourite guns. Before gen4 Glock was just OK for me, improved grip and mag release mage a huge difference for me. G26 would make a great carry gun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts