Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had started another post about having received my .327 magnum two tone revolver earlier. I had a quick chance to fire a few rounds earlier in the week and said that I was not overly impressed with the pistol compared to my .38spl revolvers of the same frame and barrel size.

Well, yesterday I spent more time with it firing it at non paper targets. Started the morning off firing in .40 cal pistols (PT-100, Pt-101, PT-940) and then worked up to some .45acp rounds (Colt Defender, Springfield V10 Ultra Compact). So a slow progression in caliber size and assortment of frame and barrel size and length.

Now in my earlier post I compared the .327mag to having a little more powered .38spl. Now I don't know if this was because the earlier part of this day was dealing with a chain saw and cutting trees. Maybe the feel and appreciation for the .327mag was lost due to this gas powered exercise.

However, once I got that little framed M327 in my hand and fired the first round I knew I had found something different. And I mean different in a real good way. It does deliver a nice recoil as it allows the shooter to feel the power in the palm of their hand. Not unlike larger caliber magnum pistols, you need to find the proper hold of the grip or it will send that nice sharp sting through the hand to the wrist. Oh how I love to hate that stinging pain!!!. As for a paper target, it showed to be about as accurate as your basic M85 framed revolver. For some reason it seemed easier to resight on the target than does the lighter load of the 38spl, however this could be an adrenaline rush result. In the paper target is leaves a nice clean little hole.....Boring!!!
Now when fired at our other targets (cans of Walmart brand Dr Pepper) not so boring. The little projectile that is released with a vengeance creates an amazing show of the power delivered on target. Heck it shows an amazing display of power to the surrounding ground/mud if you miss the target.

If you don't have one of these little monster minis in your collection, I highly recommend running out and picking one up ASAP!! Yes the ammo runs around .50 per round for the cheap target ammo and closer to $1 for the personal protection rounds, but well worth it in my opinion. And for only $249.99 delivered a darn right cheap bargain of a firearm. I think I may be selling one of my .38spl M85s and buy another M327.

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I followed up the day firing my Ruger Redhawk. We were shooting a selection of both 44special and 44magnum ammo through the Ruger. The feel of the power coming from a 44 Magnum is one that every gun lover needs to enjoy at some point in the firearm life. While no longer the most powerful hand gun in the world, it is still one of them greatest hand gun feeling in the world. The 44 magnum is a manageable round to fire, but it unleases a power like nothing else that can be called manageable. Once you get into the 454 Casull round it becomes more of a Shock and Awe experiance in my opionion.
Yet at the end of the day, the M327 was such a pleasent surprise and the most fun to fire at cylinder shaped metal containers of liquid spewing explosive non healthy targets.
Have a Great Day....I Did!!!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
The .327 Magnum allows six rounds in the same frame as a .38 Special. If has a huge advantage in power over all but the most powerful .38 Special loads, too. What's not to like?

·
32,647 Posts
Got two of them there puppies! :)

The nice thing is that those can also shoot the "boring" :) .32 H&R magnums and the .32 S&W Longs.

Those kind of cut down on the expense problem a bit.

The Federal Eagle rounds are supposed to be the "practice" rounds for the .327 Federal magnum.

Let's see. The guys saying that getting into rolling your own rounds are a good idea...... and it is....should be putting in an appearance about now. :)

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I contributed this same in the other thread. I cast and load for my 327B2 and a Charter Arms Target Patriot in 327. I like both guns a lot; what I don't like is lead bullets contained in a copper based condom, I cast for all my hand guns and I'm convinced that all of them perform better with my cast bullets than with any jacketed projectile. I arrived at that conclusion in 1957 and have held it as TRUTH since. The little Taurus 327B2 fairly "shines" with my 115 gr cast bullets.

Reactions: BBGun

·
Registered
92 Posts
jornjen, I posted about this little-handful-of-a-shooter some time ago. I really enjoy it and all the different ammo it will fire. If you really want to put a "real" bullet downrange, check out "Reed's Research" ammo out of Oklahoma. On par with Buffalo Bore or any of those big name boutique loaders. Have never had one not go "bang" and shipping is only 12.00. Enjoy. Semper-fi and This We'll Defend Mike

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Very nice write-up, but...:nopics:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts