Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Personally I would not open carry. I do think that the more people open carry, the more the general public will get use to it. The more they are use to it the better we all are.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my theory. With kids getting suspended for wearing NRA tshirts I think it's time to familiarize the public the normal gun owners.

Concealed is great but the sheep have no clue how many guns are around them every say.

·
Registered
438 Posts
To make your point better, I would redo this video with a separate camera man. A higher quality video, especially of you and your open carry weapon, would get the point across even better. Good effort though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good job on the video.my wife is a principal at a elem. school she is all for cc firearms in our schools.I have a ccl and most teachers know I carry 24/7 days a week and have no problems with me on school grounds.Her asst. principal has to leave it in the trunk of his car,that pisses me off. I am all for cc at our schools with proper training. That's my rant thanks for listening.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To make your point better, I would redo this video with a separate camera man. A higher quality video, especially of you and your open carry weapon, would get the point across even better. Good effort though.
I was going to recruit my wife. Not happening.

A buddy plans on filming when we go to the next school board meeting. Not giving advanced notice on that one.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Be careful and calm, for when the police or an ACLU type lawyer (pretending to be an aggressive nut job) comes to harass you into doing something stupid like pulling your gun. I guarantee they will have a professional videographer filming that event for court.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Careful is what I'm planning on doing. No way I'm drawing unless someone does something that keeps me covered from jail time under the 2006 MI self defense act. I don't carry a gun to pull out during arguments. I carry a gun in case I find myself in a situation where i feel myself or others are in imminent danger of death, sexual assault or grievous bodily injury.

Carrying a gun isn't a game for me. I wish I didn't feel the need to carry one and hope I die of old age never having drawn on another person, but I never want to bury my children or spouse because I didn't want the hassle to protect my right to protect them.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Open carry is getting more and more common in Michigan. I actually educated and new CPL instructor that goes to my church on being able to OC in PFZ`s with a carry permit. He insisted I was wrong because he just went through the certification to teach about concealed carry. I then pointed him in the direction of Michigan state police update #86. He checked it out and admitted that I was right. He said he was surprised and had never heard this before.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
not that i disaprove i havent decided yet but i think the choice of a school to do this was not a good idea but this is america and you had your right

jhp
note on the following this is my opinion and spoken as thus

after i though about this i dont think it was a good idea if a note was sent home to parrents and they had thier right to not have their kids exsposed or not then i would have no problem. in my opinion you could have just as well been a nut job trying to get guns banned forever and went in and started shooting I would have been pretty pissed if this happened at my grandkids school un less i knew you personally

i personally would like to see school staff have ccw they could be vettted and at least they would have some skin in the game to protect there selfes and the kids

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I think what you did was great. You proved that a law abiding citizen with a gun isn't just going to lose his mind and shoot children if he brings a gun into a school. I do think you need to reshoot your video so it's easier to see and understand. But I think it's great.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was no time to ask for parental permission. None was needed. Why do I need permission to go into a school and not shoot kids? The whole point is my new mission to desensitize people, defending yourself and others is a noble task.

If it is so no one gets offended I don't care. The Constitution says nothing about a right to not be offended. The Bill of Rights, however does mention my right to bear arms. This notion of not offending people and political correctness is helping this country drive itself into the ground.

I would love to have teachers packing concealed handguns. We agree there.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
from what i have seen. You had no ill intentions to any one nor would i sugest you did, nor do i question your right to do this. i personally feel it was a poor choice of location to do such a thing and your choice to do this could cause severe consiquences. how do you think the media would play this out. They would make you out as a whack job and use it to further there agenda as reason to stop open carry. i do commend you on standing up for what you believe in even though i disagree with you. who knows may be we could have beer some day and debate this. We all want to be heard and several here are very passionate about this issue. this probally would a made a great discusion in the political forum. In our state having a fire arm at all at a school is illegal
i wish you well
some times i feel the whole countries gone to #$</# and you guys make me feel like im not alone
jhp

1 - 13 of 13 Posts