Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
A couple of years ago when my wife and I were traveling on I 75 we stopped at a buffet. Some clean cut young guy in a business shirt and tie had a glock open carry on his hip. Most people didn't care, but a few stared at him. The table next to us commented to someone at our table something to the effect of "Can you believe that guy in the salad aisle over there?" and "He's got a gun on his hip!" in a low volume. The guy wasn't doing anything wrong or suspicious. I thought the woman's reaction was funny, because at our table 3 out of the 5 people in my party were carrying concealed and she didn't even know it. :lol: I'm pretty sure we weren't the only concealed carriers in there either.

·
Super Moderator
20,006 Posts
Yes, we do.

Only thing I would think is better would be Constitution Carry (no permit required). You DO have to have a permit to carry - OC and/or CC. We just got campus carry instituted this past summer - CC only - and no Wild West shootouts . . . . . yet

I OC’d exclusively for a couple of years with no odd looks, etc. and nowadays I carry any way I can. Still pocket primarily but every firearm I have has a specific need and carry situation.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
If I'm ever going to be in a place where I know that folks that might be there would frown upon someone (like me) carrying a defensive weapon I also carry a pocket copy of the Constitution. If anyone starts grousing about me having a gun, I hand them my copy of the Constitution and tell them the read the Amendments paying particular attention to #2. That usually quiets them down. Or, I ask them who are they going to dive behind if TSHTF? Me or the guy sipping his Manhattan?

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I didn't realize it was an open carry state until I saw three people carrying at dinner one night.
Good for you, Georgia!
Were you carrying concealed while there? If so, don't take this wrong, I consider it a failure on your part to check the laws of the state you were visiting if you planned on carrying.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
A couple of years ago when my wife and I were traveling on I 75 we stopped at a buffet. Some clean cut young guy in a business shirt and tie had a glock open carry on his hip. Most people didn't care, but a few stared at him. The table next to us commented to someone at our table something to the effect of "Can you believe that guy in the salad aisle over there?" and "He's got a gun on his hip!" in a low volume. The guy wasn't doing anything wrong or suspicious. I thought the woman's reaction was funny, because at our table 3 out of the 5 people in my party were carrying concealed and she didn't even know it. :lol: I'm pretty sure we weren't the only concealed carriers in there either.
I'd have said "I know... carrying a Glock, how uncouth. Gentlemen carry Sigs... " :D :D :D :p

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I'd have said "I know... carrying a Glock, how uncouth. Gentlemen carry Sigs... " :D :D :D :p
:lol: Actually the guy was probably already carrying a Sig. I didn't get a great look at it, but it definitely had a hammer. Just from the top end that I saw from a distance, a Sig (P226) or some clone would've been my best guess without getting a close look at it. Maybe if you reversed that statement, or said something like "How shocking! Everybody knows you carry shiny guns on Sunday. :lol:

·
Registered
17,442 Posts
Ah yes, that damn Beretta again.
Bond's Beretta 418 was a .25 cal. The Walther PPK is 7.65 (30 caliber) and doesn't really have "a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window", but it's far sexier than the Beretta.

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I need to apologize. I wondered why you mentioned a Glock and didn't realize that I said in the posting that he was carrying a Glock. Where I got that I have no idea. It wasn't a Glock. I had just come from Florida, and shot a couple of different Glocks at a range down there, so perhaps I still had Glock pistols on my mind when I said that. Is there an emoticon for embarrassed?

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Actually... Bond was really into his Berretta 25acp. M made him turn it in and take a new Walther PPK in 32acp that was said to: "hits like a brick!"

"Hits like a brick" must mean something different in the UK :D :D :D

(Don't get me wrong, I carry a .32acp from time to time and love it... but that isn't how I would describe it... :D which i find funny since the Brits are world renown for their usual understatement. This is one of the rare examples of them overstating :D :D :D )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts