Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once the tax check comes back I am going to get the wife her own handgun and we both are gonna get concealed carry licenses. In the meantime, I think I might OC for a while and I have been looking for a decent holster (just read a story of a guy in my town held up by three teens at gun point). I want something I can wear on my hip that holds the gun securely, preferably with a snap/lock/etc. and on the less expensive side. I saw the Fobus SP11b on amazon for $25 and walmart has a Blackhawk nylon with a snap for $20. Does anyone know the model number for the Blackhawk Serpa for this gun? Any other advice?

· Registered
7 Posts
Taurus PT-111 Millennium Pro G2 Holster

I'm also looking for holsters for the PT-111 G2. Just picked my G2 up and it is a great piece of work! However, I can't find any manufacturers that are making holsters specifically for it. Is this because it is too new? I did find the Fobus SP11BRP, which says it fits are Millenium Pro models. Has anyone tried this to see if it fits? Fobus Holster: TAURUS MILLENIUM PT 145, PT 745 & PRO - ALL PRO MODELS - ROTO-HOLSTER™ PADDLE

Brad.

Attachments

· Registered
243 Posts
I haven't tried the Blackhawk Size 5, but it was recommended for PT-111's on another thread.[/QUOTE

I have a Blackhawk size 8 that fits my PT111. I assume that the G2 would use the same size as the older PT111's.

· Registered
5,231 Posts
I use a Blackhawk Size 5 for my PT111 MilPro (not G2). Has worked well. I also have a Fobus Paddle Holster.

Both work well.

· Registered
22 Posts
I have a couple of those Blackhawk holsters fron Walmart..I keep both my G2 and Keltec PF9 in one here in the house. My CCW isnt going to be here til next week..so I havent actually carried either on me. It fits the G2 pretty much perfect..and its built well. But, honestly I think when my CCW arrives I will carry either gun in a very different way..probably something a little thinner and made for IWB style carry. I'll see if I can post pixs somehow..my laptop is down and this smartphone gives me problems.

· Registered
50 Posts
I'm also looking for holsters for the PT-111 G2. Just picked my G2 up and it is a great piece of work! However, I can't find any manufacturers that are making holsters specifically for it. Is this because it is too new? I did find the Fobus SP11BRP, which says it fits are Millenium Pro models. Has anyone tried this to see if it fits? Fobus Holster: TAURUS MILLENIUM PT 145, PT 745 & PRO - ALL PRO MODELS - ROTO-HOLSTER™ PADDLE

Brad.
I just got my SP11BRP yesterday for my G2 and it works well. Snaps in and holds securely. It does have a little ply back and forth, but no problems yet. I found it on Amazon for $30 w/ free shipping. Nice thing about the Roto Paddle is that it is adjustable to dozens of different angles for multiple applications.

· Registered
3 Posts
I just spoke to Blackhawk customer Service and they said that QA does not approve any Serpa Holster for the Taurus G2 Pro at this time. Only their nylon junk. So that leaves me wondering, what is the best fit, I've seen the 410531BK-R mentioned, does anyone use it currently?

· Registered
196 Posts
View attachment 48306 blackhawk usp compact holster works great! you wont be able to conceal this, its just too bulky. but for open carry, no problem.
I second this recommendation. It almost fits perfectly. Almost because the slide release lever doesn't exactly line up with the groove made for the USP compact, but still a great fit. It makes and excellent range holster, so OC would be fine. One of the sponsers, Theis Holsters, can make a kydex IWB and OWB holster specifically for this gun. Check him out too.

· Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Once the tax check comes back I am going to get the wife her own handgun and we both are gonna get concealed carry licenses. In the meantime, I think I might OC for a while and I have been looking for a decent holster (just read a story of a guy in my town held up by three teens at gun point). I want something I can wear on my hip that holds the gun securely, preferably with a snap/lock/etc. and on the less expensive side. I saw the Fobus SP11b on amazon for $25 and walmart has a Blackhawk nylon with a snap for $20. Does anyone know the model number for the Blackhawk Serpa for this gun? Any other advice?

The Fobus SP11b is a great belt (paddle) holster!
Handgun holster Gun accessory Starting pistol Airsoft gun Trigger

· Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Theis holsters makes one for the G2. I have one on order but have not received it yet. There are several post on here about them.
Tommy Theis does make a nice product. :D

Attachments

· Registered
24 Posts
I use the Fobus. I THINK it's a "645", (threw away the package and the paperwork is two rooms away... ). After a very minor twist of the adjusting screw I have ZERO "play". I use it for BOTH styles of carry and it works just fine for me.

Hope it helps!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.