Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anti gun toes that is ?
Theres a guy ive known for years. Like me he grew up in one of the major Canadian cities where people are NEVER exposed to guns. Then he moved out to this rural area where I currently reside. Since he lives in town I run into him frequently when I make that journey back to civilization.
I often have friends over to do some shooting, BBQ whatever so I figured I would invite him and his wife out here.
I should have known the conversation was a bit odd from the get go.

ME: Would you be interested in coming out to shoot some guns ?
HIM: You have a gun ? How big is this gun ?
ME: A few guns (describes them)
HIM: What do you use those for ?
ME: I like to target shoot and hunt. Im thinking of getting my range safety officer certification
HIM: So let me get this right. Your suggesting I come out there where theres very little cell signal and play with guns ?

At this point im just starting to think the conversation seems odd so I said "All my guns are legal"

HIM: Ive never seen a gun before.
ME: Then this might be a good opportunity for you.
HIM: I have an xbox and playstation.
ME: So what your saying is what you know about guns comes from "call of duty?"
HIM: My wife wants to know if you have enough supplies stockpiled for the coming apocalypse ?

Now I think its just friendly kidding around so...

ME: Yeah im sure I have enough to survive the zombies ;)

That was that... No more replies wont even talk to me now.
Then it dawned on me... I bet hes anti gun.
He's always been an odd sort of anti hunting anti American type.
Im in a hunting community surrounded by hunters so I never thought anything of it but I think its guns he doesnt like.
Anyway idk ive not really run into any real gun haters myself so this was kind of odd.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
You may have a hammer and sickle guy there.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
Pretty much anyone who is anti anything that vehemently is mentally defective.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
He's always been an odd sort of anti hunting anti American type.
Im in a hunting community surrounded by hunters so I never thought anything of it but I think its guns he doesnt like.
Anyway idk ive not really run into any real gun haters myself so this was kind of odd.
You need to have some real fun. Ask him if his family eats meat.

If he says yes ask him if those animals committed suicide.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty much anyone who is anti anything that vehemently is mentally defective.
Ok so then its not my imagination ? Im just going on the feeling I got from that conversation.
I also thought perhaps its a misunderstanding but no. I know hes actively ignoring me since that conversation and that was the entire conversation so I dont think I said anything particularly offensive.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
You need to have some real fun. Ask him if his family eats meat.

If he says yes ask him if those animals committed suicide.

All the Best,
D. White
Yeah - leather shoes and belts can be a good needle too. "Oh - yeah, I saw this great documentary about how leather is made - you might enjoy it. You know almost NO part of the cow goes to waste...

:D

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
There are so many ways that could have been better.

HIM: So let me get this right. Your suggesting I come out there where theres very little cell signal and play with guns ?
Me: Do you need to call your mommy and ask permission?
-
HIM: Ive never seen a gun before.
Me: You can't help being from Canada.
-
HIM: I have an xbox and playstation.
Me: OK by me if you want to shoot them, but you have to clean up the pieces.
-
HIM: My wife wants to know if you have enough supplies stockpiled for the coming apocalypse ?
Me. Yes, but only for ourselves. You'll have to stockpile your own.

At least you could have had fun with the situation.

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
You should show him the video from the Texas meet earlier this year. There isn't any cell service and we were shooting full auto ;D

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
She doesnt like them... But she owns one ? Im not even sure I should ask about this hehe.
I understand where Cariwines coming from. My wife doesn like them, but she can and has the will to use one to defend herself and her family.

My wife cant stand them, she has a slight fear of them.... but she can shoot and shoot well. To shut up some people recently, she blasted a fist sized hole out of a silhouette at 15 yards. Then quietly handed me my .45...(You wont see her shooting a girly little european 9sillymeter! :D :D :D :p :p :icon_ poke:) they quit harassing her! :D :D :D and its not the first time she has done that.

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
You should show him the video from the Texas meet earlier this year. There isn't any cell service and we were shooting full auto ;D

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI
And a neighbor walked up offered to bring a cannon next time if I remember correctly! :D :D :D

·
Registered
21,118 Posts
And a neighbor walked up offered to bring a cannon next time if I remember correctly! :D :D :D
Yup. It shoots cement filled Coors light cans...

·
Registered
20,085 Posts

"Among my people - we refer to this as "fun", do you have the word in your language?!" ;)
The mystery of the "Double Like"!!!! I gotta learn that one some day!! ;);)

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts