Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-[ I think I made a big mistake. I was so careless I was dry firing my pt145 pro without snap caps before I read the DO NOT DRY FIRE part. Need help :-[ :-[ :-[ Also can this be corrected? ??? ??? oh and i greased and lubed my firing pin.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I don't think you should have any problems with it. You should be A OK. ;)

Just get it out and start firing it.

·
Administrator
17,583 Posts
For Dry Firing, please use Snap Caps!

·
Registered
52 Posts
BbnLbpt145 said:
...I was dry firing my pt145 pro without snap caps before I read the DO NOT DRY FIRE part...
Exactly what "DO NOT FIRE part" are you referring to?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have dry fired mine many times you will probably not have a problem. The firing pin should only get a light film of rem oil with teflon and let it dry. Then use a pencil with the eraser end first in the barrel to make sure it is not locked. I have not had any of these problems. You will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
21,439 Posts
If you over oiled the firing pin just get a can of gun scubber and shoot it in the firing pin chamber do this with the slide removed from the gun, gun scubber is not good for polymer lighty oil the back side of the pin with like break free just a little and you should be good to go. :) I've dry fired guns many times and have had no problems just don't dry fire a rimfire as this will damage the pin and breach of the gun. then use snap caps to ease your mind. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have dry-fired my 145 plenty of times, it still runs just fine! It won't hurt it, it's not a rimfire. If the firing pin breaks, taurus will send me a new one as far as I am concerned!
Don't stress :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
jwc007 said:
For Dry Firing, please use Snap Caps!
The debate seems to run about 50%/50% You could probaably find an equal number of "experts" to take a stand on dry fire vs snap caps... what ever floats your boat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts