Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this isn't a duplicate.

Online form that can be filled out for common parts, grips, screws, recoil spring, etc., that are not restricted for sale only to a registered gunsmith.
Credit or Debit card for payment and shipping and tax (if applicable).

Of course, there would also have to be a searchable parts catalog for the gun (including discontinued guns) listing the parts that could be ordered.

Sounds like too much work to set up, probably won't happen.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I would be all for that if for nothing else but to buy grips. Who wouldn't want to basically have factory direct access to genuine Taurus parts with a few clicks of the mouse.

Reactions: andreew

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Now THAT would be fantastic. No more printing out an order form sending it of to Florida and waiting for the parts!

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I would be all for it... maybe get a few springs and extractors to have on hand...

·
Registered
703 Posts
At this point I'm quite peeved. I sent them a letter on 24 Apr. asking for a quotation. I don't need a live CSO on the phone to handhold me through the quotation/order process. I've been patiently waiting, but I'm on the phone now with them because they have not responded. I mean, I'm trying to save myself time (of course!), but dealing with them off-line saves them time too, doesn't it? It's just a matter of looking up the correct parts, putting it in a system, and sending out a letter/email.

Okay, just got off the phone with them, the wait was surprisingly short, only about 10 or so minutes. I managed to order the parts I want. CSO was Ryan, he was very helpful. I still look forward to an online ordering system.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Great ieda.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Of course, there would also have to be a searchable parts catalog for the gun (including discontinued guns) listing the parts that could be ordered.

Sounds like too much work to set up, probably won't happen.
You sound so pessimistic! Most companies selling durable goods do have something like that in various iterations. Take a look at any of Lee's downloadable manuals, and in the diagrams and in the side bars, they give you part numbers that you can use to get what you want.

On the phone with the Taurus CSO, the part diagram in the manual does help them indeed. Now all they need to do is correlate the x.xx numbers with a part number, post it online in HTML with maybe a price list, and create a new online order form. They already have one for preparing RMAs/repair tickets, so they must have the capability. If they are not keen on doing online credit card orders, they can use the form to generate a printable order form that can be submitted via fax/email/post for ordering.

I think the policy of restricting certain parts from retail sale is fair if the Taurus doesn't want to encourage shade-tree gunsmiths from messing with parts that need a bit of skill. However, allowing or even encouraging users to fix problems by installing drop-in replacements* will save them money in warranty returns (shipping, labor), and reduce the load on their telephone hotline.

Key benefits: one-time expense of setting up the system, and saves time, money, and customer aggravation. I hope someone from Taurus is lurking!

* drop-in replacements of parts already disassembled for routine user maintenance

1 - 10 of 10 Posts