Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you guys out there may know this but I'll let the rest of you in on it as well. Now is one of the best times of year to hit the gun shows if you are going to make a purchase. Why? You might ask? Well it's tax season and people just put a lot of money on their credit card, so everyone's short on cash. You will get everyone out there trying to sell whatever, especially guns. Now until Feburary is when you find the best deals on a used gun. Don't believe me? Well I am going to a show tomorrow with a little cash and I am going to see what I can dig up. My homework is to find something for a ridiculously low price. Mind you I'm going in there with no desire to buy anything, so I will be in a position of power and I will let you know how I come out.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
The funny part is, at the one shop that I visit fairly regularly, the prices in the gun cases, with certain exceptions have gone down a few dollars since the end of the year.

Do not know of any in state shows scheduled soon, but I can hope!!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the Show today And I did not come back empty handed.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=339

He was asking 395 for it I talked him down to 350 for a Ruger New Super Blackhawk in .44 mag. Not to good, but not bad and it's new condition. There is no wear anywhere on the pistol and there are no scratches on it the only drawback is the guy didn't have the case or manual but I got enough of those. There were other deals there but I had a budget and I had to get more ammo too, I was holding out for a stainless one but I could only talk that guy down to 400 and I wasn't willing to pay that. Also i talked a lot of people down on winchester 30-30's in various conditions the lowest was a new condition with a williams peepsight for 300 just because I thought the barrel was dirty. So at the the show it pays to dicker, and it pays to inspect before you buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.