Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having stumbled onto a pacifist web site I found this guy's proposal for ending crime: Legalize all guns, ending any need for the NRA! And make all ammunition illegal.

Maybe everybody else has heard that one before. It was new to me!

JimL

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have heard that proposal before; good luck to that guy trying to confiscate all the ammo, IMO that would be harder than confiscating all the guns!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Then the reload labs would start to out number the drug labs, and we all know how they have done with stopping those.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This comes up every few years. I usually mention that any law reducing ammo is a law reducing practice and skill among those who need it the most.

Criminals are not buying crates of ammo. They only need the few rounds that came with the gun they bought off the street. Ammo restriction has no effect on them.

Not to mention, surplus ammo from 1940's is still banging away, so any reduction would have to bleed off 70+ years worth of ammo still in the pipeline to have an effect.

Ammo reduction is just another silly, half-brained scheme that makes visceral sense in a joke but has nothing to do with any sort of reality.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
techres said:
Ammo restriction has no effect on them.
But you just don't understand. Outlaws are VERY IMPRESSED when legislators outlaw something or even talk about it!! Didn't you even notice, all the outlaws threw away their guns when they heard about the Grady campaign? :rolleyes:

JimL

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
im not sure whats in modern smokeless powder but i KNOW you can make your own black powder, i remember reading about it and it's actually just a few simple components which can be made, bought or refined your self.

lead can be gotten from other sources, melted and casted.

reloading presses are usually built to last so there are plenty of them out there to make reloads.

problem would be what about the brass?.. thats a tricky one..
ranges would go out of business, firearms and ammo supplies both manufactures and end dealers would if not go out of business.. at least shrink with frightening speed.. the great firearms industy crash.. would be a really really bad day for the stock market, over all economy would take a serious hit as well..

the military can only buy so much ammo and guns the civilian market is a huge part of their income and only specialized weapons makers can afford to cater exclusively to the military.

i know im taking it a bit more serious then it is.. obviously this has to be a joke.
but the anti's should remember you ban guns and you also deal a incredible blow to the economy..
and money is the universal language every one speaks.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
joe sixpack said:
the anti's should remember you ban guns and you also deal a incredible blow to the economy..
Are you suggesting the anti's have something to remember with? :D :yipee: In legalese, that is assuming facts not in evidence. :p

JimL

·
Registered
846 Posts
Yep Joe only 3 items. Sulpher, charcoal, potassium nitrate (salt peter) all you need and you got gun powder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts