Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
That's so cool, I love it!

I did something similar with my S&W M&P40 Shield.

However, this actually is my carry gun! Fortunately, the custom backplate on mine is just a Bible verse which I'd love to see a prosecutor try to spin as a sign of murderous intent.

• Haha
Reactions: cnc1 and Patbak

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
It actually started out as just a threaded barrel that I purchased because all of the CCI Blazer Brass FMJ I had in stock had a warning printed on the box about shooting it out of a ported barrel. I didn't even really want a threaded barrel, just a standard one, but when I was shopping online for one I ran into the Alpha Wolf barrel which was on sale for $99 because it was factory blemished, so I was like; "Sure, why not?"

After that I just thought that since I have a threaded barrel, might as well have something cool to put on it, so I started shopping around for Compensators, at which point I found out about Linear Compensators which reduce the report for the shooter as well as those in adjacent lanes by redirecting the sound down range. I honestly didn't expect it to work either, but it actually does! So not only does it reduce muzzle flip, but it makes the pistol less noisy to shoot too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts