Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently moved and was exploring the local gun stores and saw a Taurus pistol I'd never heard of (not that I'm an expert!). It was a PT38S that shoots 38 Super. The only pistols I'd heard of shooting that caliber are some Colt and RIA 1911s.

Very nice looking gun! A little bigger than a G2C, I'd say. Looked new from the outside, but I didn't ask to handle it. Kind of wished I had, but I'm really not looking to get into another caliber, haha. Here's a stock photo for the curious (the one I saw had plain black grips):

Attachments

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,939 Posts
Grail gun!

Where did you say you are located? Just get me in the state, I’ll P M if I need more details.

·
Administrator
39,696 Posts
That’s one handsome pistola!

·
Registered
36,301 Posts
Yea been discontinued for quite a while and IF I remember right never was really that mainstream and I bet finding magazines are impossible!
parts and factory service I would think are non obtainable as well.
My suggestion IF you are looking for a shooter , with available parts and reliable to take a look at either a 1911 or a Tanfoglio (EAA witness) in 38 super.
I own a Taurus PT1911( now discontinued) 2 Tanfoglio , a standard and an Elie Match, and a Citadel 1911 all in 38 super.
its very interesting caliber but ammo is hard to find and somewhat expensive.
heres the best of the bunch for me.
The Elite Match runs about 750-800 but you can get a regular Tanfoglio Witness for about 425-450 or so in 38 Super..

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts