Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

After one & a half year carrying the model 817 blued steel IWB, OWB, on duty, off duty, as a Uniformed Police Officer, doing undercover work on the Copacabana Beach and in my leisure time (mean fishing on board) and 1500 round of reloaded lead training ammo, plus P 158 grains and plus P plus 125 grains , all I can say is this thing is very, but very very THOUGH, reliable, accurate ( if I do my part) and for now a part of my body.

It is full of holster marks, and some pittys of corrosion, as expected for use in this hot & humid tropical climate of Rio de Janeiro...

But, the lockup is THIGHT, the bore is in 100 % condition and the mechanics too.

Soon, pictures of my friend,

Lt. Nogueira

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great to hear of a weapon being used the way it was supposed to! Keep it up!..... and we're all waiting for pics. What a tease!....lol

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thank you for sharing your most positive experience with your Taurus revolver. ;)

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I hope your Taurus keeps you safe for many more years to come.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That is good to hear that you have that much faith in your revolver.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Great report on a weapon that is not only a personal weapon, but a duty weapon as well.

Thank you for your service to your community in Law Enforcement.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Good to see it's not a safe queen and it's a working gun day in day out.

·
32,564 Posts
Thanks for the reply!
You have one of the harder jobs on Earth. Seriously.

It's nice to hear that the gun is working out so well for you.

Just goes to show you this is a Global forum and that there are courageous individuals out there day and day out in danger.

Thanks from us for what you do and have done! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andre, let's talk in english, all right ? Our friends must understand . I have a distant cousing in Santa Catarina, city of Blumenau, LEO also. Are you living in Georgia ? Are you Brasilian ? Thank you .

Lt. Nogueira

·
Registered
535 Posts
My brother-in-law has a Taurus .38(not sure which model) he got after his dad passed away. The gun is at least 20 years old and looks rough and worn but it too is 100% reliable. His dad owned a gas station in a rough part of town and that old Taurus saved his bacon more than once. That gun looks like it's been through hell but we shoot it most every time we go to the range together and it has never failed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello all,

I put the pictures in a separete album, named Taurus 817. ACE35, yes, revolvers are made to be SHOOT, carry and worn... No safe queens allowed...

Lt. Nogueira

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Awesome story to read. Very happy to hear that the gun has proved itself to you and it has become more than a gun but a friend!

Stay safe!

·
Registered
29,918 Posts
Well this should answer the question many have asked as whether or not revolvers are still used in Police service.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Andre, let's talk in english, all right ? Our friends must understand . I have a distant cousing in Santa Catarina, city of Blumenau, LEO also. Are you living in Georgia ? Are you Brasilian ? Thank you .

Lt. Nogueira
Understood. I was born and lived in Joinville until age 16. Ive been living in GA for about 11 years. Obviously I've been to Blumenau many times! Hope everything is all right there with the storms and floods!

·
32,564 Posts
No. Not an LEO. What I did do was be surrounded by police for 20 years while in the United States Air Force. The running joke I had was that if I had any bad thought about crime someone would be right there to put me in handcuffs right away. On duty or off duty the civilian police or military police were wherever I went.

When I lived off base the neighbors, 6 of them,were sheriff deputies or local civilian police. When ever there was a criminal incident in the area I lived in, Old English Law, written in England, but part of the state of Virginia's laws also, said that the police could deputize us to help the LEOs out until the criminal incident was under control. All of us were armed heavily and worked as a team until the incident was over. That happened too many times to count in the 14 years I was in the State of Virginia.

I've been well versed in what the police have to do, their daily lives, the training,dealing with the criminal element (especially the violent ones), and how local laws, state laws, and Federal laws work. That includes all the agencies state or Federal.

Now that I am retired from the military I moved to the state of Wisconsin and I have no contact or dealings with police entities of any kind. And all I was supposed to be was a fuel pumper of various kinds.

I never went looking for that kind of adventure for any reason. But that kind of adventure found me.
I have the utmost respect for any military or LEO serving or who has served.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice to meet you in the Taurusarmed Andre ! Yes, a lot of raining in these hot summer days... but the worst condition is in Minas Gerais and NW Rio de Janeiro State.

Stay safe and abraços !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts