Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an answer for an old question. Sometime in the late '90s I was allowed to shoot a Taurus revolver that my memory insists was a .380. Is anyone here a died-in-the-wool Taurus owner who is dedicated enough to have followed the .380 round? The gun I shot was incredibly accurate for a snub-nose, and a pleasure to shoot. I bought a 357 magnum that I have been shooting .38's out of (at my better-half's insistance that there WAS no such thing), and it is a biter. Very unpleasant to shoot and (probably because of that) not very accurate, either. I would love to trade it in on the gun I shot, but I can't trace the bloody thing.... The 357 is a 605, and that is very close to the model number I am looking for... I hope for your help. Thanks:bang:

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Welcome from NW Ohio.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :cool:

Not quite sure which revolver or caliber you're refering too, but...

You can shoot .38 special ammo through a .357 magnum revolver, if that's what you're refering to.

Lots of folks do this and it's not a question of your masculinity, but an act of convenience we all do quite frequently.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
In the 90's Taurus was still making the model 905. The 905 is a 9mm revolver that uses Taurus "Stellar" clips, with the clips you can load and fire .380 acp from the M905 just as you would fire .38 spl from a .357 magnum.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Welcome from N Carolina!!!!

That .380 revolver is a m380, Armed, a new model Taurus just came out with.

Now, I'm not an expert, but maybe you're thinking of the m905, a 9mm 5-shot snubby Taurus is still making. Taurus was gonna make a Triad revolver for .357/9mm/.38 super-- but not .380. As far as I know, the Triad never made production... Maybe you're thinking of the Medusa, a multicalibre revolver for the .357,9mm and countless other similar ammo...

Does that jog your memory any??

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
In the 90's Taurus was still making the model 905. The 905 is a 9mm revolver that uses Taurus "Stellar" clips, with the clips you can load and fire .380 acp from the M905 just as you would fire .38 spl from a .357 magnum.
I don't think I wanna fire .380s in either of my 905s... Different case widths....

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. Hope you find the info you are looking for.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Administrator
40,264 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I hope you find the answers to your questions.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts