Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Jan 2020, I purchased a nice Tracker 9mm/38 special/357 Mag. In June 2021 the front sight blew off and I couldn't locate it in the woods. Requested a replacement and received the sight pin but no sight. Since June, have been constantly asking for a replacement but the sight is back ordered. Now something is very wrong with all of this. Millions are spent on advertising, gun shows etc. showing products. Now, being both a Taurus and Rossi weapon owner, can you imagine my apprehension on future warranty work. Some nice "toys" being now advertised by Taurus but if replacement of a simple red ramp front sight is not possible, what else isn't going to allow for the use of something paid for and not useable?

·
Registered
36,319 Posts
a long standing issue with Taurus and their repair facilities.
way to many supply ships sinking while coming down the Amazon River!

·
Registered
99 Posts
In Jan 2020, I purchased a nice Tracker 9mm/38 special/357 Mag. In June 2021 the front sight blew off and I couldn't locate it in the woods. Requested a replacement and received the sight pin but no sight. Since June, have been constantly asking for a replacement but the sight is back ordered. Now something is very wrong with all of this. Millions are spent on advertising, gun shows etc. showing products. Now, being both a Taurus and Rossi weapon owner, can you imagine my apprehension on future warranty work. Some nice "toys" being now advertised by Taurus but if replacement of a simple red ramp front sight is not possible, what else isn't going to allow for the use of something paid for and not useable?
The pin is all you need from them. Get a cool sight for a smith or other revolver and make it fit. As long as the hump reaches down far enough, drill it using the existing holes as a guide and then pop the pin in and you are all set.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,055 Posts
I'm six months into the wait for a new front sight for my Rossi 92 after the brass bead fell off a month after I bought it. I could buy a replacement aftermarket for 35-40 bucks but why should I have to pay to replace a part on a 600 dollar new gun? IMO the choke point is Taurus USA. They should forward the order directly to Brazil for fulfillment and direct ship from there. Even 3rd class post from there would only take 3-4 weeks.

Should something like this happen again on a new gun, I'll insist that they pay the freight both ways and the 25 dollar part will cost them an extra hundred.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I think Taurus puts much time and effort into their product design so that as few components as possible of each model are interchangeable between models.Each part is designed to be absolutely unique to itself. Thus they have an incredible number of parts to have to manage. Interchangeability is something Glock has mastered.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pin is all you need from them. Get a cool sight for a smith or other revolver and make it fit. As long as the hump reaches down far enough, drill it using the existing holes as a guide and then pop the pin in and you are all set.
Appreciate the feed-back, especially showing the sight and reference data. Now, perhaps I can modify a sight for my Chinese Flame Thrower.

·
Super Moderator
17,716 Posts
I'm six months into the wait for a new front sight for my Rossi 92 after the brass bead fell off a month after I bought it. I could buy a replacement aftermarket for 35-40 bucks but why should I have to pay to replace a part on a 600 dollar new gun? IMO the choke point is Taurus USA. They should forward the order directly to Brazil for fulfillment and direct ship from there. Even 3rd class post from there would only take 3-4 weeks.

Should something like this happen again on a new gun, I'll insist that they pay the freight both ways and the 25 dollar part will cost them an extra hundred.

I imagine it would be complicated individually importing each part due to import restrictions on firearms parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts