Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone own or have owned this brand? i picked up the new issue of guns and ammo and fell in love with just about all of their models :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
I built an AR-15 out of one from their lower reciever and parts kits. I also own an upper from them on another AR. For the money they are excellent guns, almost on par with the Bushmaster I built. I am trying to get one of their whitney wolverines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
I have an Olympic Arms AR-15 (5.56mm/.223 caliber) with collapsable stock, laser under barrel sight plus a Colt type 4x scope mounted on carry handle. This is a very reliable gun
and very well built. Mine probably has 2000 + rounds through it without ahiccup, just break it down and clean it after each firing session.

Very accurate, at 300 meters I can keep all my rounds inside a 5 inch circle, at 100 meters
it will shoot 1 inch groups.

You won't be unhappy with one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
whats a good price for a AR15 olymic arms anybody?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
Their PC ars should run about $6-$800 depending on options, that's their budget models. If you want the tackdriver they can run up to a 1000, but expect a bipod stainless barell and good hanguards with that. If you want to save some cash and are good with tools build your own. You can get an armorers manual for cheap and ar-15.com has some good info on the subject. But for the money they turn out a great product, considering the same options on a bushmaster or colt will run you a lot more than that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,000 Posts
Ace said:
I built an AR-15 out of one from their lower reciever and parts kits. I also own an upper from them on another AR. For the money they are excellent guns, almost on par with the Bushmaster I built. I am trying to get one of their whitney wolverines.
how much money did you save? i've heard building your own ar-15 you can save about 30-40% off a complete gun from the shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
sniper56 said:
I have an Olympic Arms AR-15 (5.56mm/.223 caliber) with collapsable stock, laser under barrel sight plus a Colt type 4x scope mounted on carry handle. This is a very reliable gun
and very well built. Mine probably has 2000 + rounds through it without ahiccup, just break it down and clean it after each firing session.

Very accurate, at 300 meters I can keep all my rounds inside a 5 inch circle, at 100 meters
it will shoot 1 inch groups.

You won't be unhappy with one.

Yours look anything like mine? It started life as a Oly G.I. Carbine, but I did some tweaking ;)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
I have the Oly Arms K3B-M4 with A3 upper. I have not had one problem with it yet other than not getting to shoot it enough. :( I don't have a pic but this is close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
Well, I built them ten years ago at the time my 20" rifle witht a stainless barrel ran about $500 bucks. thats buyng a stripped lower receiver and building from the ground up. Since the price of metal went up the price of lower receivers went up as well. A decade ago you could get a lower for about a hundred, now they want about 120 depending on the brand. Also you can get lowers built in various degrees. A completed lower with a stock can run you about $250 to $379 depending on the brand, but it saves you the trouble of putting the roll pins in right, which I can say from experience if you don't hav ethe special tool to do it is a pain. I look at it as reloading: you can save a lot of money building your own or you can get more rifle for the same amount of money. I built a 24" bushmaster flattop with a bipod and a scope for around $700 Which if you look at them now they start at $900 just for the rifle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,000 Posts
thanks ace.. i still dont have a ar-15 of my own.. other then .22lr's i dont really have any rifles.

every time i goto the shop the pistols steal all my money, they're like those wild brazilian monkeys that rob tourists.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,043 Posts
joe sixpack said:
every time i goto the shop the pistols steal all my money, they're like those wild brazilian monkeys that rob tourists.
LMAO ;D :D ;D :D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top