Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun manufacturer says NO to NY police
From the story.........

Yesterday, we reported that Olympic Arms drew a line in the sand, refusing to do business with any state or law enforcement employees in New York until they reverse their recent gun control measures.

Now, Olympic Arms has drawn another line in the sand, calling out the Fraternal Order of Police when they were solicited to advertise in a FOP publication

Olympic Arms Draws Another Line in Sand, Tells Fraternal Order of Police to Shove It, Refuses Advertising

·
Super Moderator
21,730 Posts
I believe thee line has already been drawn people are just noticing it right now and are saying enough is enough.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I wonder if manufactures will build magazines for the new NY regulations or ones that other states may enact. Sales are brisk to say the least, I say don't do business in / with these states and let the state figure out how to supply LE's according to there knee-jerk legislation. They are directly threatening there livelihood with these laws.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
You know, if this keeps up pretty soon the ONLY source of firearms for law enforcement will be confiscations. we have Barrett, LaRue Tactical and now Olympic Arms. For all manufacturers this assault on 2A is going to start to impact their ability to stay in business. When this starts making it up to the big boys; Glock, Rem, Winchester, Colt, etc. then the Gov't will have no choice to rethink their strategy of disarming the public. I also heard through the grapevine that Fiskars is going to make a killing with their tactical series of personal defense scissors. :D

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Bravo!Now if some of the larger companies have enough balls to act the same we may just be getting somewhere.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Bravo OLY!

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Good I hope all the manufacturers will jump on the bandwagon.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
On the flip side of the FOP coin, Lodge 109 in Wood County, Ohio is a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment and shooting sports in general. For the past 3 years, they have provided my 4-H Shooting Sport Club a place to shoot and to hold meetings. I have a key to the range at the lodge, and can use the range anytime the FOP is not using it - 24/7/365. So please don't assume that the local Lodges reflect the views of the "management." There are times with some of the members have helped with the shooting sessions. Members have been guest speakers at some of our meetings, and they do a fantastic job of supporting our kids. Just thought you all would like to know.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Great to know this stuff. I can't wait until officer Friendly calls the house on behalf of the local FOP looking for a donation.

·
32,720 Posts
That's one of the reasons I bought the Olympic Arms Plinker with the 20" barrel and got enough magazines to hold off an army.

I like their products and their attitude.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Well, it looks like I'm going to be looking for an Olympic Arms rifle the next time I'm in the market. These guys have seriously won me over with their firm stance on the Second Amendment and their stick-to-their-guns approach, if you'll pardon the pun.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
All the other firearms and the ammo mfrs should do the same thing to NY and others states that resist 2a as well.let em patch together their old stuff and learn to reload their muskets! how about try a baton or oc on some "methed up"freak that has a stolen firearm.

·
Registered
27,650 Posts
The only problem with a line in the sand is when the tide comes in.

I'm not quibbling about your (or Olympic's) sentiment - I'm just pessimistic about the future. Today is one of those days when I feel doomed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts