Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for information on when and why Taurus discontinued the Model 85 38 Special; and found my answer within 5 minutes. I've had a blued and a stainless Model 85 over the years but traded off both although I had no trouble with either. Just saw one (blued steel) at my local gun shop for $219.00 and just put it on layaway today. I wanted to pick one up to keep before the new ones are all gone as the warranty card in the box says it has a lifetime warranty. The 856's are nice but the one year warranty is a deal breaker for me.

·
Administrator
40,247 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

·
8,874 Posts
Welcome to the best gun forum on the web. The model 85 is a great revolver and you got a good buy. Show us a picture or a range report when you can. I currently have a 605, a beautiful old model 80 and a 4"627. All are excellent shooters.
P1030204.jpg
P1030343bb.jpg
P1030232.jpg

·
Registered
19,298 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA! :hello:

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net from Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest!

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Super Moderator
37,208 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome from Iowa.

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
Welcome from central New Mexico to TA.net, where the coffee's hot - we drink a lot of it - and the chips are fresh, 'cause we're a gluttonous lot who keep opening new bags to keep up with demand.

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Welcome Aboard, from Las Vegas!
I picked up a Model 85 a couple years ago. Wasn't really looking to get a snubbie, but they were practically giving them away.
Now you can't find them.
Another big plus, the 85 is now my wife's favorite gun. What a surprise!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts