Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, 2 years after he announces to us how important it was for him to get his license (yep, he suddenly lost interest in it after he started driving with a permit), my oldest son finally got his DL. I am so proud of him. It comes out that he was actually afraid to fail the test (he has some perfectionistic issues). The best part??? He recognized the hat the DMV tester was wearing (he was a vet) and thanked him for his service, which according to him took the vet completely off guard and brought a smile to his face!! Now THAT'S my boy!!!

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Congrats and teach him to be safe..There are a lot of nuts out there.

Reactions: Pollard1911

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Good job.

·
Registered
27,172 Posts
Guess that explains this:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Congrats to you both. My oldest girl will start behind the wheel in the fall. Bad enough when the oldest boy started, but my baby girl?!?

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
A big congratulations to your son.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
My son got his license when he turned 18. By the time he was 24 he had more time behind the wheel of a forklift than a car. We worked together and his driving scared me so he always slept on our way to work while I drove. He's 34 now and I still don't like it when we go somewhere and he drives.

On a side note, when I was 7 or 8 my Mom got her license. The first time she took the behind the wheel part of the test she backed into a fire hydrant. She failed and my Dad got a great laugh out of it.

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
:r_c: Having raised a house full of teenagers I can say this with all full confidence...go ahead and have him back your car into the nearest tree and get it over with, cuz trust me, it's gonna happen...

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
Congrats to him and sympathies to you. I hope you have long fingernails.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
My daughter backed my truck into my wife's van. Fun call to the insurance company my agent laughed at me

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Wow! What mixed emotions.

Now your son can do his own running around. That's great!

But now your son can do his own running around.....scary!

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Congratulations!

Its nice to know I wasn't the only kid who put off getting his license... Driving cut into my flying funds! Finally my mom made me get my liscense when she said I'd need to start driving myself to the airport! :D:D:D

Im not looking forward to my daughter driving, she's just about 11. I see the way she drives when we play video games together! :D:D:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts