Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just picked up this model 85UL, which sounds a lot like the one you just bought and I paid much more than what you did for yours. I also understand that Taurus for some reason stopped making these for some odd reason;

·
Registered
25 Posts
I did find that the stock rubber grips are great for absorbing recoil but are terrible for using speed-loaders. I replaced them with a set of Uncle Mike's boot grips that I bought off of e-bay for 5.00 and they are great. The action is smooth but did start to bind a bit after a box of wad cutters. I also am having a hard time getting the carbon scoring off of the front sight. While this is my first Taurus, it is also my first ported barrel gun, much less a j-frame. Overall I am impressed with the function and weight, I may get my local gun butcher to remove the side plate and see what if anything is causing it to bind. Does anyone know if the IL on the hammer could be the cause of this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.