Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my second Ruger this week did you know in PA. you have a form to fill out if you buy two or more handguns in ten days.What do they think I'm going to try to take over the world with single action guns. Anyway i got a old model blackhawk 357mag./9mm s#31-xxxxx i think it was made in 1972 or 1973. Three screws. the mag cylinder needed reblued but the rest of the gun is A+1. no holster wear it looked like the cylinder was left in damp conditions but good as new now. I reblued it. The 9mm. was mint never fired 357mag. needed reblued. I can't match the blueing on the rest but it looks good.$325 out the door.Will post pics when i get my camera back from my son.Hope to shoot my two new guns this weekend.single six and blackhawk will post results. ;D

·
Registered
22 Posts
i also have a .357 ruger blackhawk from that era. i like it alot.

noticed you have the pf9. what are your personal impressions of that pistol?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love my pf9. Hard to beat,small ,light not one ftf or fte. I can hit 4in. at 10 yards, not great but very good for such a small gun. nice CCW

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Blackhawk made in 1963 it's still almost like new....I purchased it in about 1973 from a friend of mine....Are you ready for this? For $60.00

·
Registered
283 Posts
I purchased one this year also used in 357 , new model blackhawk from 1980s.
in excellent condition.

They are alot of fun..it is not for the in a hurry crowd, must have 10 mags kind of person.. they are great plinkers for knocking out the center of a target..

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
i have a blackie also i added a super blackhawk hammer and wolf springs one of my favorite shooters , its 357 also

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Nice looking revolver

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
I used to have a new model blackhawk .44 mag with a 10 1/2 inch barrel. It was a blast to shoot. ( pun intended) :shooter:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
A little while back I got a chance to shoot a friends father's old model Blackhawk (he was at the range too). It's a 7.5" 44 mag that he purchased in 1968 (I think) for $63 (again I might be off a little) at the PX on Okinawa as a sidearm. He was on his way to Vietnam as a naval aviator (don't know what he flew) and didn't have any confidence in the issue 38 revolver.

Based on putting a few rounds through that gun I've added a Super Blackhawk to my wish list. I'd probably get the 4 3/8" barrel though for easy carrying (would be slotted as a bear gun).

Steelheart

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I was recently able to purchase one of Lipsey's BH .44 specials on the 50th anniversary "flat top" frame. Carries well and shoots great, the XR3 size grips are exactly what the doctor ordered for my medium size hands. It truly lives up to the hype and all the positive comments and reviews.

But now I'm getting the itch for a real OM flat top. I've read that the 3 screws are a little lighter, but the main thing would be to get an unmolested example with its original 4 click trigger mechanism. I'd have absolutely no problem carrying one with the hammer on an empty chamber.

So now it's off to Gunbroker to dream a little. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts