Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Friends, I've bought and sold a few guns in my day. Until today however, I only owned one gun that I fell in love with at first shot. (That was my Beretta PX4 .45ACP.) A wonderful gun, to be sure! :D I'll still have that one when they plant me out on the prairie somewhere. But that changed for me today. Now I have *two* guns that I fell in love with at first shot.

I picked up my Rossi 720 (3" Stainless, DA/SA) from my FFL this morning. Headed straight to the range with it. I hadn't before experienced shooting a Rossi revolver of any caliber, and I'm glad that this was a .44 Special that I had in hand.I had some other bullet testing that I wanted to do with one of my 40's this morning, so I only put 75 rounds through the Rossi. These were comprised of four different recipes of home-brew rounds that I put together.

This 720 is an absolute dream to shoot! I love its heft, its grip, its sleek looks... in fact, I can see nothing about it that I *don't* like. Just a beautiful gun from one end to the other! (I wasn't sure that I'd really like the non-fluted cylinder, but I love it! Hey, it's somewhat stronger than the fluted variety.) The gun was advertised as "lightly used" and, of course, it is a used weapon. But not much! As I examined it at the FFL's place, I could see that I had quality in hand, and that I really struck the proverbial pointy object right on its epicenter with this purchase! I left with encouraging words from the FFL. He had not seen one of these before, and he was also attracted to what he sees in this gun.Anyway, that low rumble that you heard earlier today was probably me shouting with joy at the range. Go Rossi 720! Valentine's Day is a great time to fall in love! What a revolver!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the trigger on this gun (in DA) is not bad at all. But, boy howdy! The SA action is nothing less than wonderful! After I shot those first couple of rounds (knowing that I shoot SA nearly all the time), my thought was 'That's what I'm talkin' about!"

Clear sights and straight shootin' to ya!

Amistad

I returned to add three photos... (Use CTRL-W to move back.)

http://www.freshonmymind.com/rossi-720/rossi-1.jpg

http://www.freshonmymind.com/rossi-720/rossi-2.jpg

http://www.freshonmymind.com/rossi-720/rossi-3.jpg

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Congrats on the new .44!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments, folks. I just now took a few pictures and will post them tomorrow...

I'm in hopes that I can find some nice wood grips for this 720, as I prefer them over the rubber type. Maybe I'll "luck out" and find a nice set somewhere.

Amistad

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
You now own the revolver that most if not all Rossi/Taurus fans wish they had. Congratulations! I know it will be a long and successful relationship!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Just now added some photos to my post above...

Amistad
Ahhhhh! That's better. :D Sweet looking piece. Does kind of remind me of a different twist on the Red Riding Hood tale, though. "My grandmother! What big bullets you have!" Sweeeet. :D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I'm on the hunt for a fixed sight version of that same gun. I hope I don't have to slap myself later but I passed on an adjustable sight version for $$450. I'm almost sure I will slap myself later though...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm on the hunt for a fixed sight version of that same gun. I hope I don't have to slap myself later but I passed on an adjustable sight version for $$450. I'm almost sure I will slap myself later though...
Max, I gave considerably less than that for mine, which makes me even happier with this new acquisition! Good luck in your quest!

Amistad

·
Registered
476 Posts
Great cal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You now own the revolver that most if not all Rossi/Taurus fans wish they had. Congratulations!
Admittedly, I don't know much about Taurus or Rossi guns. But after this brief introduction to the 720 that I just bought, you may be right. I like this one so much, I may try to find a blue one "just for kicks!" :)

Amistad

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A "know it all" type of guy at work heard me telling another coworker this morning about how happy I am with my Rossi 720. He chimed in and told me to be sure and get a long piece of rope. When I asked why, he said "So you can tie it to that boat anchor revolver that you just bought." He then went on to tell the group in the breakroom what a piece of garbage the Rossi brand is, and that it is a total waste of money to buy a Rossi. I guess it's to each his own... I'm lovin' mine!

Amistad

·
Registered
258 Posts
Amistad, he sounds like a gun snob to me. You should ask him what kind of handgun he owns. You might get surprised by his answer. The Rossi you purchased is a good looking piece. Function and reliability are what counts.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts