Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around today in one of our few gun shops for a holster for my new M-85 UL. Was about to leave empty handed when the owner pulls out a box of old used holsters he just got in. There was this Bianchi on belt type holster with a thumb snap on top. It was in real good shape, not missing a stich, thumb snap was fine and it had been broken in real well, in fact it fit my M-85 like an old soft leather glove, nice looking tan leather. On the back it was stamped BIANCH SHADOW #8 S&W CHIEF. Well I jumped on it for $10, prob. could have got it for less. Anyway, when I get home, I pull up Bianchi web site and this holster is not shown. This leads me to think that it might be an old vintage holster. I called Biancia and they had no idear and gave me a web site to their R&D dept. ( [email protected] ) I have not heard back yet as it was late when I did this. I just think it would be kinda neat to know how old it is. The M-85 sure rides great in it. :) I`ll let ya`ll know if I hear back from them. and yes I will try and post a pic. soon. I am a happy Taurus Armed guy! :D

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well I do not know the Bianchi Shadow #8, but the S&W Chief is an item you can check on. It was a model of a revolver I am not sure how many years ago. Heck it might still be being made for all I know about S&W.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
A bunch of years ago, S&W went from model names to model numbers. As I recall, the Chiefs Special was redesignated model #36.
I am probably going to get their #3s for a couple of guns. I checked the reference number for the Taurus 85 2 inch, and the S&W model 36. They are the same. (#18018) Here's that page: http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=3S
They list a " 7 Shadow II". That model sounds to be similar to what you described.Those numbers also match for the Taurus #85 and S&W #36. (18610) http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=7

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys guys. I looked at their site when I got home with it and did not see anything close. Like i said, that leads me to think it might be and old one thet do not make anymore, just thought it would be fun to know how old it is. If I hear back from their R&D people, I`ll let ya`ll know. ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts